Can't Link Yeelight Actions to Google Home

Hello there,
I have a similar problem.
Everything was OK until last week.
The Yeelight account was no longer connected to the HomeApp.
When reconnecting, the BedsideLamp (wifi) were missing.
Unlike Mi Home App, there is no LED Ceeling Light.

I have reset all lamps and i’m now still connected with Singapore (previously China without problems) with my devices, that are not working in GoogleHome or Assistant (there are some more non-Galaxy-Ceelings and Bulbs that work)

Please help! Thanks a lot!

@coconutz @ReNDoM

Hi you guys, I’m feeling terrible to learn this issues, but we cannot do anythings, Yeelight skill cannot support any MiHome devices from last week, please use MiHome skill if it’s Xiaomi device, Thanks.

@yusure

Not to misunderstand this:
That means I connect all lamps with Mi Home, right?
They automatically appear in the Yeelight app!
So if I connect GoogleHome with the MiHome, I also need a connection with Yeelight, because only there my Galaxy appears. BedsideLamps (wifi)
Then I have each double (except the Galaxy).

No! That’s a little bit wrong: They appear everywhere correctly, but they pair with different Lamps to Google this way.

Thanks for answer.

O wauu thanks I’m about to go fix it :heart::heart:

Strange, because all things works with that Yeelight app and now it doesn’t

1 个赞

Hi same here. I can’t see yeelight even i have added or linked it already to google home app. My MI ID is 6268564590

Same problem, can’t link yeelight to Google home but can find my lamp in yeelight. ID 6548025820

If your device is under brand of Mijia or Mi, please use MiHome skill/action in Google home or Alexa.
Per the latest policy of Xiaomi, Yeelight is not allowed to support Mijia/Mi brand device anymore.

Mi ID: 1917018073

I’m using Singapore server.
Yeelight can connect to app but cannot add to Google Home. Was working 3 days ago.
Please help!

@bikoyski
Sorry, Mi LED Smart Bulb please use MiHome skill.

Hi im using german server.
here’s my id: 1895580141

i have four bulb.

1 - LED Bulb (Color) 2
3 - LED Bulb (Color)

i can see only the first one “LED Bulb (Color) 2” when i link yeelight to google home app.

please help!

[edit] @yusure please help

Hello, same problem here. I was having some issue and couldn’t add second LED Bulb (Color) to Google home app so i unlinked the whole yeelight app in google home. Now i can’t link it back and can’t control even the first bulb (everything worked fine in Home app before today). Yeelight app is working correctly, but i can’t control it in Google Home app (nothing shows up)
I’m using German server
My MI ID: 6272721723

___ Edit:
Just solved it … i installed another app for lights “xiaomi home” (I didn’t have that before) and added Mi Home app in Google home app… now its working fine. But i’m still unable to link Yeelight to Google Home…

Hi yusure,

Hopefully you can help me. Thank you.
My Mi ID is 1811090530, using Singapore server.

Unable to link my Mi LED Desk Lamp Pro to my Google Home account.
Previously was able to link until I reset my Google Home account.

yes

Hello! I have same issue like others. After the login linking Yeelight it is return to Google Home and nothing happens. My server US and my ID 6266206136.
Thanks in advance

Same issue here, server US

Thank you

@tienkc1

Sorry about that, please use Mi Home action on Google Home.

@rseara @fkesyn
Have a try Mi Home action.

Works!
Thanks Yusure!