Yeelight LED Bulb 1S color issue after a long work

Same issue here. I’m so disappointed, I paid more because I trust Xiaomi but this bulb is way too problematic

I’m struggling with this issue for months and had no support from Yeelight, it’s a total disrespect with us. I suggest to all you guys start to comment on Yeelight Instagram posts, maybe in this way they can pay attention to us. I did it today.

Any update on this issue?

Please let us downgrade the firmware

Hi Yeelight, I have the exact same issue. Any updates to this. It’s very frustrating.

Here are the instructions to replicate the issue.

1. Set the bulbs to Warm White colour.
  2. use as normal and switch off via app
  3. leave it switched off via app for over 12 hours (imp- do not switch off from mains or cut off power)
  4. turn it back on and set brightness to about 50%

Now you will see that the warm white has become Red. This is clearly a firmware issue as the RGB components are not getting the correct Hex instructions. Resetting the bulb or cutting off the power will fix the issue temporarily.

Yeelight has potential but if their engineering can’t fix such minor issues, customers will never trust them or buy their products. I for one will rather buy a more dependable product than reset this bulb everyday.

I’ve figured a temporary solution for myself so it doesn’t bother me as much. Open yeelight app, select the bulb you are interested in and open “white” tab - for me it sets the proper white-ish and not yellow that is being selected instead of white in a regular bugged mode (you could also use purple or any other color that you’d like that is not as bugged). Then, if you are using HomeKit or Siri shortcut for automations, switch the “percent turn on” to regular “Turn On” (as shown on the screenshot example) so HomeKit doesn’t change your selected “not buggy” color (for some reason i can’t find a non-buggy white while choosing the light temperature or color from HomeKit) when the automation that turns on this bulb needs to be run. Hope this helps some of you!

I have been having this issue too. It’s very annoying as I rely on the warm white at night. All 3 of my 1S are doing this but I have an older colour bulb which doesn’t do it. I definitely think it’s a firmware issue. Please fix this ASAP

Yeelight we need a fix!

Up

Luckily I could return them and got replacement lamps. Still… I’m not happy with the way yeelight is handling this problem.

I sent an email to support and they replied saying it’s a hardware issue and said I should contact the seller, but I bought two months ago and he won’t replace it. Now I’m stuck with a useless product. It’s clearly a software issue. What a nightmare this company is. Never again.

2 个赞

I have the same problem with the Yeelight 1S bulb. I bought the first bulb at the end of last year (2020), I bought the second bulb quite recently - it was delivered to me last Friday. I bought both bulbs from the same seller on the AliExpress platform. For now, the problem is with one bulb. Both bulbs are updated with the latest firmware - i.e. 2.0.6_0034. Server: Europe and Africa (Frankfurt, Germany). I am very disappointed! Having spent so much money, I expected quality and support.

1 个赞

I’ve found a temporary solution. It’s not perfect but works for me. This issue happens after around 12 hrs so I’ve set a schedule for one of my bulbs to turn on twice a day (every 8 hrs) automatically just for one minute. In the evening I turn it on manually anyways and the colors are OK. In the schedule I use dark red (top left on the scale) so the bulb is not really visible during daylight.

1 个赞

Got replacement with old firmware. I don’t see issues so far. Am testing it out for sometime before moving to new firmware.

still no issues?

I’ve been having the same problem for months. I’m tired of waiting for yeelight to come up with a fix. When I turn the bulbs off and on, it works normally for a few hours and then breaks down again. I cannot return it because I bought it from aliexpress. already aliexpress sellers are excellent at delinquent customer. I regret not buying a Philips hue. I do not intend to use Yeelight anymore!

1 个赞

My replacement bulbs manufactured Oct 2020 are still working fine. They are still on factory firmware, I have not updated them. I plan not to as I cannot afford to have the same conversation with my reseller.

Currently alexa has lost the functionality control on dimming or changing lights color with yeelight LED BULB anymore. They only they can do is turn on off. I am on the singapore server. They F***ED it up big time. Worst they aren’t even bothered solving it. Dont bother wasting your time yeelight is not going to do anything about any issues.

1 个赞