Yeelight LED Bulb 1S color issue after a long work

I do not believe that I had to create an account on your forum to have to help solve a problem that you did.
My lamps worked normally, and after a damn firmware update, one of them is just like that! I put white light it turns green, I put it in the brightness of 40% it does not increase, if I put it in 60% it increases, and EVERY DAY I NEED TO UNPLUG AND PLUG AND CONNECT AGAIN TO WORK!
I can’t take these bugs anymore, I’ve been trying to fix this for over 2 months but I know the problem was with what you guys did!
How do I have 2 identical lamps and only one of the problem with the same firmware?
The problem is in the hardware and what are you going to do? PROBABLY NOTHING because this Bug has existed for more than 4 months and you have not done anything until now except to make excuses.

And you will probably say:
- “We wanted to apologize but the problem with the lamps cannot be solved, buy our new updated version now available for $$$”

WE WANT OUR LAMPS WORKING PERFECTLY OR REFUND (And you Yeelight should pay for shipping just as we do as consumers if you want a return or exchange).

We bought lamps, no problems to fix for you.

1 个赞

I purchased two 1S bulbs two months ago, and now I have the same problem on both of them. I really want to know how to fix the root, but I don’t know yet.

The only workaround was working for me, was switch off the light during day to, it made them work decently for at least 8 hrs.

I’ll keep in touch for any updates.

bump

Hi everyone! I bought 14 1S bulbs in Aliexpress on Oct 2020 and have the same issue with all of them. It’s really disapointing when Yeelight staff does not provide a solution for this. So, in the end of it, I’m in the same boat of everybody who bought the bulbs from AliExpress and the seller is claiming that the problem is a “User Problem” or a “router problem”. Thanks to @rchisly for starting this thread and showing the world what a * these lamps are.

@gazhen - Any updates??? Managed to replace my first “faulty” bulb with the seller here in Australia, and now months later it’s experiencing this issue again…

Extremely frustrating. May as well spent the extra $$$ for Hue or LifX. All the wasted time on these forums, trying to work out what is wrong would have justified the higher cost by now.

1 个赞

Which seller did you buy from? I am starting to think it’s time to name and shame these dishonest sellers who are putting the blame on us.

I have sent multiple videos to them demonstrating the issue, and I have sent them screenshots of multiple emails I got from Yeelight themselves that say it is a hardware issue, or that there is no solution so customers should seek replacements or refunds… and yet they tried to claim they sent my video to their “xiaomi technician” and that my power is at fault!! Ridiculous.

I continued to press them for a refund and they started to call me “untrustworthy”.

I have this very same problem for about 7 to 9 months now. I can’t get a refund from the company that sold them to me. I have to turn all my lights (10 of them) off/on every morning… Just like before I had ‘smart lighting’.

Can Xiaomi or Yeelight please give something of a solution? Is there a way to hard reset the lights for example? Rollback firmware? Stuff like that.

Thanks in advance.

1 个赞

@Yeelight_Staff, please release a new firmware to correct that mess, ‘smart-dumb’ lights reviews will be posted on YT soon…

Had mine from Amazon, have returned.

Anyone in the same boat can still return to Amazon after the return window expires as it did with me. You have to go through the help chat bot instead. State return as your query. Bot gives you a list of orders that can be returned, including orders that are out of the normal return window time.

Bot then puts you through to a human agent who accepted the return after showing this problem thread (and others).

Decided on ZigBee alternatives to replace these.

Bump

Me too, I’ve had this problem for months. There was a recent firmware update to 2.0.6_0034 but it didn’t help this problem at all. Last year it was chronic problems with LAN control and bulbs reporting offline when they really weren’t.

Seriously considering Philips Hue just for the reliability if nothing else. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 个赞

Same here. Happening to 2/4 1s bulbs. Did message the support but no answer.

It’s a hardware issue, so I sincerely doubt firmware is going to fix this.

As mentioned towards the start of the thread, return or exchange is your answer.

So you want to say that 50% of the bulbs are rubbish??? I bought this 5 months ago and have no box or anything. No one will refund this. I’ll never buy this crap again!!

Why would bulbs that are left with the factory firmware work fine, while firmware updated bulbs not work, if it’s not a firmware problem :thinking:

Ask Yeelight, not me. They are the ones saying it’s a hardware problem and currently recommending replacement. Of course, they are about as clear as mud as to what the exact fault is.

I had 4 of these and the two most used failed this way. All 4 had firmware updates in tandem. The bad ones stayed bad and the good ones stayed good.

Have a bit of sense - look how old this issue is. If firmware was going to fix it, it would have been fixed a long time ago.

Even if I’m wrong and firmware does fix it… What the dilly-fuck is taking so long? :thinking:

1 个赞

Guys, just stop thinking Yeelight will resolve the problem. I’ve bought 3 pieces of 1S for my flat (kitchen + small salon). And I’m thankful that I’ve done the exercise with Yeelight.

STOP buying these devices, they are not working!

I’m moving to my new home in a month, bought (for now) 2x color, 10x white ambiance, and 6x white from Philips Hue + bridge. Here you can talk about stability, working software, and 0 your (and your wife) frustration, that something is not working.

It will take years for Yeelight to refine the technology. The devices are so cheap because we are beta testers. I do not have time and patience for this.

I recommend spending 3 times more money (or less, you can find promotions) and buy Philips Hue.

1 个赞

So Yeelight : HOW DO I GET A WORKING REPLACEMENT FOR THESE LIGHTS, OR A REFUND FOR THE 160€+ THAT I SPENT ON THESE LIGHTS THAT DON’T WORK AS ADVERTISED

1 个赞

Start with the place you bought them. If you bought inside EU, you should be able to get your money without much fuss.

If you got them from Ali or something - I wish you luck.

Good question :+1:

Maybe there is more than one problem. The bulb I never updated works fine, and the one I did update is completely janky after previously being fine. I don’t understand why we can’t downgrade back to working firmware :man_shrugging: