Yeelight LED Bulb 1S color issue after a long work

Hi there, any updates? Am also facing the same issue with brand new (<1wk old) 1S bulbs, which is rather frustrating.

Still nothing?

sry, It took a long time to analyze.
At present, we think it’s hardware problem, the root cause is finding. Only fix this problem by return or exchange.
I’ll keep this feedback updated on any new developments.

1 个赞

Same problem here. Any update?

the update is that the issue is hardware problem and you need to return your bulb(s)

So any updates? Will we have to exchange my bulbs? Will you be sending new bulbs and then I’ll send these back? And, if it’s a hardware problem … how long is it going to take to create new hardware?

yes, we’ll have to return it, but do all the bulbs have these problems? then what’s the point. Will Yeelight send new batches to fix it for everyone like a recall?

I am dealing with a seller on AliExpress right now who has told me multiple times it is “User error”.
Very frustrating.

Yeelight need to notify all their resellers that this is a known problem and to recall all the 1S bulbs and to refund all customers who purchased them.

I agree. This has happed to 6 of my 1s bulbs and its incredibly frustrating. I’m getting red below 100% brightness instead of warm white.

I have 3 1S bulbs from an aliexpress seller, all of which have this fault.

They are refusing to issue a refund or replacement because they are claiming there is no issue with the bulb. Their latest message to me reads:

“Dear buyer, the technician told me that there was no problem with the bulb. He said it might be the voltage problem in your home.”

Here is a video of the main issue with the bulbs I have
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3W6mU5c0kD8

The issue is gone after I hard power off the bulb and back on, but returns within a few hours.

Please can you provide me with a statement to prove that my issue is with the bulb and not user error or a voltage problem.

Thank you.

Try unplugging the bulbs for at least a day or two. I experienced something similar a while back with 1 bulb after a firmware update. Then I left it off for a bit and when I turned it back on, the problem was gone. One thing I know for certain, it is NOT a hardware problem. The problem arrived after a firmware update. So how can it be hardware? Definitely firmware/software issue. Yeelight is either lazy or just plain overwhelmed with all their product launches to properly support their products unfortunately. That’s the tax we pay for paying less than Hue.

I have already tried turning the bulb off for an extended time, I even took the bulb out and put it back in the box for a week, then when I tried it again it worked for about 3 days before the issue came back.

At the end of the day it doesn’t even matter if it is or isn’t a hardware problem if it never gets resolved. I’ve had the bulbs for months and had to live with this annoying issue every day. I have to manually power off and on the bulbs every day so I can enjoy them at a dimmed brightness. This isn’t the “smart bulb” experience I signed up for.

Yeelight staff have posted in this thread saying they believe it is a hardware issue, and the solution is to return or exchange. There is no fix available to me. I should be able to return the bulb as it is not fit for use.

Having the same issue here with four 1S bulbs. Seller won’t exchange them because I bought those lights 4 months ago. That is what we get buying from Yeelight. No warranty, no support.

1 个赞

I was told three months ago that a solution would be forthcoming within weeks. Mostly radio silence from Yeelight ever since. I have 8 of these bulbs. I have already informed Wirecutter, which recommends these bulbs, to reconsider their recommendation. I will continue to do my best to inform people of these problems until I this issue is resolved. These bulbs are clearly not ready for prime time.

Yeelihgt support, any update on this case?

Hi @ganzhen, any updates for people that cant exchange or return the product? Almost 2 months later and no response of you guys.

Still dealing with 3 bulbs with this issue since the seller has refused me a refund or replacement

bump

Same thing happening here, just after 2 week of buying it. I’m truly disappointed and I hope you fix this soon, yeelight.

Happened to mine too after updating to the latest firmware. Before that It worked fine. Hence I think it’s a software not a hardware issue.