[Yeelight v2] [Mi Home App] No Option To Add Group

Yes I know that normally V2 bulbs are not supported on Singapore Serever of Mi Home, but with the trick that we are talking about on this thread I am able to see many unsupported devices. V2 is one of them. Plugin is not working, so I can’t enter settings menu, but I can use the bulb for on/off and automation.
That’s why I said to wait for other members feedback
Thanks anyway!!!

I’m sorry to say that it is still not showing. I’m in china server. When I select Yeelight Group in Add Devices, only v1 bulbs are showing. No v2.

Is this a server side issue or an app issue? Because I did not get any prompt to upgrade the app for a fix.

Thanks!

Please provider your xiaomi account, and post a picture of adding devices page.

Guys it’s probably an android app issue. I talked with a friend with iOS device and he can see all Bulbs in groups.

EDIT:
Oops, I can now see the V2 bulb but I can’t create the group, probably because of the Singapore Server

My ID is 1747195018

See screenshot below.

You’ll see in my screenshot that I have 4 v2 yeelights in the bedroom. When creating a group, all you can see is my v1 bulbs that is scattered across the house.

@dOUbleOfour did you try to logout from server and login again to see if the problem fixed?

Yup :frowning:

It is now showing my v2 to a group but aa you can see there’s an error when click save/add. It says can’t create a group.

That’s the message I also get when I try to add a group with V2 bulb. I thought it was a problem of Singapore server because v2 bulb can be connected but not properly initialized.
@dingyichen has to look further for the issue

Has fixed by Xiaomi, have a try.

Hello Yeelight Staff,

I will try my best to explain what’s happening now.

1. I can now successfully click DONE button with v2 lights in a group. However,
  2. If the group created contains only v2 and no v1. Then if you open the group it will load for several minutes and then it will say a network error. then you will notice that the group count will become 0.
  3. If the group created contains both v2 and v1. Then if you open the group it will load the group but it will only control the v1 lights. when you exit the group, you’ll notice that the group count will reduced to only v1 count.

I hope I explained it clearly.

Hello Yeelight Staff,

Here is the screeshots.

1st screenshot shows that after i created a v2 group and open the group. It will says an error.

2nd screenshot shows that I’m creating a v2 yeelights

Any news?

I will push xiaomi to fix, please hold on.

I have the same problem with yeelight v2. I can’t create group. I can control every bulb but not together.

I can create yeelight groups in the MI Home app, I can add color or white v2 bulbs, but groups containing white v2 bulbs have issues, they can’t be controlled, control elements are missing.
I am using Android.
See screenshots.

Which device do you add in the group?

Hello. I have 4 v2 color bulbs and they are all connected in my Yeelight app and working ok (I first tried US server and it worked then I changed to Singapore server and they still work), but I cannot add them in my Mi Home. They haven’t appeared in US server nor in Singapore server. But, even with them not appearing for me to add in my room, when I shared the bulbs with another phone in Yeelight app I got notifications of it in both apps.

I’m using version 3.1.57 of Yeelight app and version 5.4.5 of Mi Home app on Mi Mix 2s.

Only Mainland China server support v2 color bulb in Mihome.

Hi purchased the Yeelight lighstrip plus. Yesterday I paired it with xiaomi home (i selected Italy as region), with yeelight app and with google. With xiaomi home i added an automation to turn on and off the led just using a switch (connected to the xiaomi gateway 3). Yesterday everything was ok…today, even just clicking on the shortcut in xiaomi.app, i got the message: “plug-ins does not exist”… And I lost the “shutdown” automation (the turn on one is magically still working). There is no possibility to “open the tab” on yeelight anymore from xiaomi app. Please help me!