yeelight 480 simple not turning off completely

Humm both apps say that the firmware is update mi app and yeelight. See both pictures please.

If I turn it off on the wall switch the lamp goes completely dark… As it supposed.

It goes off then but then it’s not connected to the WiFi so I loose the smart function. As well as 2 of them I was putting in place where I have no switch (that’s why I brought snart lamp)
What is more annoying that I realized that in moon mode it is giving a constant noise. Like. Transistor is snizzling.
What can I do?

For me it is also 1.3.2_0023 and it says up to date

@Zergelo @GulyFMG

Which server do you select? And what’s your xiaomi account?

mainland china and 1758299385 is my ID.

Could you have a try removing earth wire to see if it works.

Mainland China also id 173494042. I only have the live and neutral connected and it still happens, even just with the live it happens. But if you turn off on the wall switch it turns off.

Remove the ground but it still does it :frowning: also tried swapping the line and the zero but no difference.
All the 3 lamp is doing the same, very annoying.
Btw when doing this it also gives a small noise, like a transistor noise or something.
Do you have any idea how to fix this?

@Zergelo @GulyFMG

Where did you buy the lamps?

I bought mine from gearbest… I have 4 rgb lamps also bought from gearbest this was the first one that did not work as intended.

GearBest, but they only want to offer partial refund :frowning:
And I have 3 of this not functioning lamps…

The same happens to me,
I’ve contacted GearBest and they offered me a partial refund, but I want the light to work as expected.

Is there any solution to this?

I currently have firmware version 1.3.2_0011, and I’m using Yeelight app with the US Server.

Hi, this is nonsense, i was promised to send a new version, as this is a known issues with some series, but nothing is happening. nobody is sending a new one.

I have the same issue with YILAI YIXD05YI 480 ceiling light (I call it afterglow but it’s not really an afterglow, it’s just glow). See Can’t connect to YILAI YIXD05YI 480 ceiling light via app Can’t fix it either.

I have the same problem… are there any solutions please?

I have the same issue, but it’s not really a problem because the light is installed in the kitchen. I assume it would be more of a problem in a bedroom.

i have the same issue. whet turned light off with remote control there is still a little glow

I had the same problem. However, I solved it, but I have no freaking clue how I did it. Here is what happened.

I took the cover off. Lights on and all leds were on (normal status). When I turned it off (moon mode) a few remain slightly on. In Sun mode there were even more on.

So I unscrewed the earth wire. Issue was still there. Wall Switch on anf off. Issue still there.

I left the earth wire unconnected and the I unscrewed all three fixing screws by a quarter of rotation and did the same with the main control unit box in the middle. I used a manual screwdriver.

I turn the lights off and the issue WAS SOLVED. All leds are off now.

Again…no idea what really did solve the issue. Maybe an electrician could give an explanation.

I hope it helps some of you guys.

Anyone have an answer why this happen?