Mi LED Desk Lamp - unable to connect

Hey guys,

I’ve just gotten my new Mi LED Desk Lamp from Amazon.
I’m not able to connect my iPhone through Yeelight app to it.

Previously I’ve connected to the Yeelight LED Multicolor Bulb. Everything was fine.

WiFi router exposes 2.4GHz entry. I even see the lamp connect to the router. But with different name, not the same as when connecting with my iPhone during the connection setup. During the connection setup Yeelight app throws an error and says that something is wrong with the settings.

The screenshot is from my wifi router admin console about the connected devices.
The first one is the bulb.
The second is the lamp which is not available for connection via the yeelight app. (I’ve double checked turning it on/off).

Hope you can help me, cuz otherwise gonna return it back.

Thanks

How about setup a hotspot with another phone and connect the lamp to it?

That didn’t help. From the mobile app perspective the behavior is the same. I’ve tried to change servers. Nothing helped. The connection failed during the setup. But I was able to see 2 connected devices(my iphone and the lamp) on the mobile device with the hotspot.

I receive another feedback with the same issue, could you try connect to the account in the link? I want to know if it works.

If yes, please provider your xiaomi account and server you connect.

Hey there,

Yeah, my mi id is: 6151569823
I use US server in the mobile app.
That would be funny if it’s all about the integer overflow ;D

Btw, it would be great if you have a fix for that, cuz I’ve already formed the return inquire but haven’t dropped the package for return yet.

Thanks.

1 个赞

Much appreciated if you have a try with account: lixin@yeelink.net , Password: yeelink1234, thanks. :rofl::rofl:

ROFL, that worked out.
What should I do next? How to connect it with my own account?
Should I try a firmware update?

Please use your own account and try connect again, we will check log from our cloud.

I’ve updated firmware with the given account, logged into my own one, made a reset of the lamp, tried to connect one more time. And it failed again and the lamp didn’t appear as one of the devices.

Hi,

Please refer to:

Thanks

1 个赞

Hey there,

After the latest firmware update I’m able to connect the mobile app to the lamp.

Great thanks for the fix! :slight_smile:

I am having the same issue, I have used the xiaomi account and it works but when I get back to my account the app doesnt let me add the lamp.

Try to change to the China server while using the given account. I think for now the latest beta firmware v1.3.6_0056 is available only via this server. With this version of the firmware the rest of the things should be ok.

1 个赞

Hi,

@dingyichen I’ve bought the lamp yesterday and was fighting with this issue all the day trying to connect using iOS, Android, Yeelight, Mi Home, with debugging my network connection, vpns, trying all available servers etc.

I was about to give up and return the lamp, but connecting to your account and updating the firmware to v1.3.6_0056 beta did the job. It is working fine right now & after coming back to German server. Thanks and feel free to debug also logs from my cloud account 6151893819

1 个赞

Thank you so much ! Now it works!

Hi

I have the same problem as others. Please add me to the whitelist so I can try this solution.
ID: 6167725985

I log in with lixin@yeelink.net and password yeelink1234 Mainland China server. It says, account id/password is incorrect.

1 个赞

I logged on with lixin@yeelink.net account, updated firmware to the latest version, then reverted back to my profile and connected without problem. Many thanks!!!

I have Xiaomi Phillips Zhirui lights, it works for me with your account but does not work with mine even after, my id is 6176186699. Really appreciate your support, what can I do to make it work with my account?

This is Yeelight, we know nothing about Philips.