1% still too bright

I had 9 Yeelight White v2 (YLDP05YL). 7 of them, I’m using in my Living Room. 5 on the ceiling and 2 on the wall. I can say, I’m OK with the level of the 1% brightness set to 2700k. They are dimmed enough.

The other 2 Yeelights are on the wall of my kid’s room and I compare them to my Ikea Tradfri lights (980lm E27 white spectrum) that are in my bedroom, 2 on the wall and 2 on the ceiling. I cant see much difference in lowest level of brightness. I control them with the round remote (I don’t have Ikea gateway (hub)).

Probably, the Philips hue dims better but it’s also x2 even x3 more the price of Yeelight and it needs nub, but i don’t want hub, nor the zigbee interfearance with my 2.4ghz wi-fi network.

Of course, if it’s possible to make the Yeelight dim better via FW update would be great. If it’s for the expense of the color accuracy, I prefere them the way it is right now. It’s not bad at the moment with the latest FW - 2.0.4_0023 on the German server, IMO.

At the end it depends from the personal taste of the user and the usage of the lights.

Regards!

3 个赞

The problem is that they can dim, so they should let us have the option.

3 个赞

No update of availability of the old firmware?

2 个赞

Will only happen if this thread is kept alive.

3 个赞

They dont care now this is the problem. They have no incentive to fix. It shouldn’t be this hard to get a simple fix. Just give us a firirmware that does rgbw from off to full brightness I couldn’t care less if pink looks red at 2% it makes no difference. I would even go as for as to say anyone who cares that much would buy a more expensive version anyway.

1 个赞

Seems they just decided to do a new revision, and they don’t want people complaining about color accuracy, but they just had to add a button in the settings to chose a different firmware and include a warning.

2 个赞

Just give us the choice !!

3 个赞

I bought 3 V2 not knowing this issue

and I found the answer given terribly unprofessional !

if there is any issue with colors with low percentage, the correct way of handling it is to give a warning in the yeelight app

i’ll help you guys. See this is beginners code, even some stupid dev could implement this

replace the code

if(percent<50){
doNothingToTheLamp()
}

if(percent < 20){
displayWarning("color may not be accurage with a low value. ")
}

giving a BETA firmware that improved the issue and then say : sorry guys we are too dump to put the 3 lines of code please buy our future V3 is STUPID !
Do you really belive people will do so ? They see you don’t care, if V3 is buggy what will you say ? buy v4 ?

it is so much more professional to say : sorry guys we failed, this firmware make it better but we know it is not perfect as this is a hardware limitation, we will fix the issue on new version

With this kind of answer I would had continue trusting you, but just saying : we can’t fix it (when there was a beta firmware that made it better) is kind of a joke.

6 个赞

@alain47 good response guy ! Stupid Devs

1 个赞

I said it before many times also, would be great to just have the feature as an experimental switch in the yeelight app.
I am really happy with the low light feature that I have on some of my lights still in the beta firmware.

If they really do not want to release it to the public, then they should at least let us be on the whitelist again for the experimental firmware build!

I am still hopefully that they decide to help us out and be happy with our yeelights.

3 个赞

Exactly ! At least somewhere in the app or bulb settings where we could trigger “Low brightness but not accurate” feature !

if (featureIsEnable) {
go beyond accurate color
} else {
do nothing..
}

Come on ! It can’t be that hard … OR AT LEAST GIVE THE FIRMWARE AS OPEN SOURCE !!! We’ll do it ourself

5 个赞

It’s even easier than that no need for a feature. Just the same as headphone volume control warns you at 75% that loud noise is bad for you then let’s you do it anyway.

So at 10% it warns colours might not be accurate click ok and allow to continue or cancel to stay at 10% with 10% being the current 1%

4 个赞

I have this issues as well.

3 个赞

This^ thing is voice assistants might have a problem with this, perhaps just want people in the app, or only let it dim to this brightness from the app.

1 个赞

I‘ll never buy such crap again … thanks for nothing …

1 个赞

Please send a whitelist. Thank you

1 个赞

Hi there Liufei. Are you still able to add people to the firmware whitelist for the version that dims? Thank you

Liufei is ignoring us.

1 个赞

@liufei @dingyichen You are showing some serious DISRESPECT to your customers for so long now. Are you going to keep ignoring everyone? really? Is Yeelight’s managment ok with this? are they aware of how you guys treat your customers in the “support” forums?

8 个赞

Yes I see your point. Maybe an option to disable the warning after first use. Should be really simple to code given the programming that’s already been done.

3 个赞