Yeelight Bedside Lamp 2 - LAN Control issue after update fw to 2.0.6_0041

Yesterday ive updated my Bedside Lamp 2 to latest firmware ver 2.0.6_0041 via MiHome App.

Right after that ive notced that my lamp now cannot be controlled via LAN control by HomeAssistant.
Ive opened Yeelight App on my smartphone and saw that LAN Control is DISABLED for BSide2. But still enabled for all of my other yeelight devices. And if I click on toggle to enable Lan Control - it doesnt move at all, and I cannot turn on lan control anymore.
Also - It became very unstable to control BSide2 via Android app. Delays is terrible!

How can I downgrade to previous firmware version? I need Lan Control!
My Mi Id is 4150445675

17 个赞

Yeelight Android app has been updated yesterday. And LAN mode for BedsideLamp2 was completely deleted from app!

All my yeelight devices has lan mode, except one - bedside lamp 2!
Yeelight Team, what the hell?

Ich habe das gleiche Problem mit meiner Bedside Lamp2 nach Update auf 2.0.6_0041.
Bei meiner E27 RGB kann ich LAN control weiterhin aktivieren und es funktioniert auch die Steuerung darüber. Bitte schnellstens ein Downgrade oder Bugfix für die Bedside Lamp2 anbieten!

2 个赞

Same problem here, I can mention this was the reason I bought this Lamp, LAN mode helped me to integrate it in my system. Without this the product worth 0 to me. I’ll sent it to warranty since homekit not work also.

4 个赞

my lan mode does not work please help my MI ID :1905077680

1 个赞

Same thing, yesterday by “carelessness” updated all Bedside Lamp 2, and lost the setting of lamp control on the LAN, how do I get this setting back or roll back the firmware to a later (where everything worked).
Mi Account number - 1617116718 China Mainland

1 个赞

Good morning, I have the same problem I have upgraded my
nightlight 2 and the Lan mode has disappeared with the consequent disorder of not being able to integrate it into my Jeedom system.
Is there any solution to return to be able to have the LAN mode.
My id is 1911724375.
Thank you very much.

1 个赞

Exact same problem since last firmware upgrade.
No more « local network control »
Any chance to recover that with a next upgrade ?
Or any downgrade possibility ?
ID : 1749586538
Thank you

1 个赞

Fellow owners of the bslamp2. Since the people of Yeelight doesn’t seem to be all to eager explaining what’s going on, I will be the reluctant one to do so. Xiaomi have asked(instructed is probably closer to the truth) Yeelight to remove the LAN control option since bslamp2(and a couple more) is produced under their umbrella. There could be many reasons for this(well…), but I do not think it is especially well considered removing a feature that made people buy this product in the first place(me accounted) if Yeelight or Xiaomi likes to have loyal customers. It’s like selling someone a car and removing the steering wheel on a random Monday because you don’t want them to be in control. It’s a really bad idea considering that this feature is mostly used by the IOT community’s(Home assistant, OpenHab etc) and I urge you to reconsider Xiaomi, and let Yeelight open up the LAN control for these products. If you choose to be proprietary at least do it for the products that was sold with this feature. At last it’s just a esp chip inside. One tech savvy anarchist later you won’t have any firmware inside these at all.

6 个赞

I lost control LAN there is a solution? my id: 1905077680

@chyhaiyuan any news or comments?

1 个赞

I posted this solution in the other thread but it should be the same here…
After two months without a reaction from Yeelight, I found a solution which might help at least those who have an Alexa integrated in their IOT environment. At least in iobroker I can add my desk lamps to Alexa and then control it through the Alexa node… Works fine for me now!
Maybe this will help someone…

2 个赞

Unfortunately the Yeelight Alexa skill only connects my E27 RGB bulb, but not the bedside lamp2. The same with the Xiaomi Alexa skill. For me there is absolutely no workaround to control the bedside lamp2 in my smarthome. Only with the Android app or manual.

2 个赞

hi,
lan control feature is from yeelight, xiaomi company takes it as a risk, so we have to disable it.

1 个赞

Hi @chyhaiyuan!
How do I get back to the old firmware where the LAN control works. I need the LAN control, that’s why I bought the lamps, now without warning (in the firmware was not a message that the LAN mode will be off) I lost the functionality of the lamps. Add me to the list to get my lamps upgraded to LAN mode enabled firmware.
Thanks!

4 个赞

What kind of “security risk” are we talking about here? “Someone just hacked my network and made my bedside lamp a part of a botnet-kind of a security risk”? We could talk about the fact there is an ESP32 inside regarding security and plaintext passwords etc. which poses a security threat to networks, but we won’t do that. In fact I won’t blame Yeelight for the missing LAN control, because you have to do as your bigger uncle says. I am blaming YOU Xiaomi. If you think that I will buy products from a producer behaving this way, regardless low price and good quality, then you are very wrong. I do however think that you Yeelight is a part of this problem since you never warned customers of this which apparently broke the product for many people. You should make this right now because Xiaomi customers is also your customers.

5 个赞

@chyhaiyuan
Besides the unprofessional way of deleting already bought features without announcment or changelog. How can I use the bedside lamp2 with Amazon Alexa?
If I try this with the Yeelight Android app it is also not working. The corresponding Yeelight skill doesn’t find the bedside lamp.
So, with the new firmware this device is all but not smart. No way to control it except by using the switch on the device.

3 个赞

Are you kidding me? This is so unacceptable. After 2 years owning this product you just change its functionality like this? I literally can’t use it anymore without Lan control, cause I was only using it through automations…
Let’s give a way to go back to the old firmware for those of us who are interested. I know that the IoT public is probably not the majority for you, but you’ll lose so much credibility with this.

4 个赞

Add a window to the application, that when user turn on LAN control mode, it will pop up a window warning that by turning on this mode the user assumes all responsibility for the risks, add a window with the Agree button, which will say that Yeelight is no longer responsible for any risks, add a window with the Agree button, which will say that Xiaomi is no longer responsible for any risks, and then turn on LAN control. I am ready to confirm at least 10 such windows on each lamp, but for LAN control to work. I will take all the risks.

4 个赞

And how about: 常见问题 - Yeelight Forum

Yeelight third-party control protocol is a feature launched for technology enthusiasts. All WiFi lighting devices on the market in Yeelight (Yeelight white light bulb Yeeilght color light bulb) and subsequent WiFi products will support this agreement. Based on this protocol, users can choose their favorite language and platform to develop their own applications to discover and control Yeelight WiFi devices. The protocol uses a discovery mechanism similar to SSDP and JSON-based control commands. Developers can realize device discovery and control under the same LAN. It should be noted that this protocol is based on the transmission of plain text, and the security of the device depends on the security of the user’s router. Therefore, when the user uses this protocol, he is responsible for the security of his device.

2 个赞