The bulb turns on with too much red sometimes

@dingyichen

Can we at least get confirmation that this issue is being investigated?

1 个赞

I bought two new bulbs in April this year. And they are buggy. I recorded a video.
https://youtu.be/bmwMXBwz90Y

It can be seen that the bulbs go out almost completely or turn red at an average brightness level. At the same time, they noticeably squeak. They will emit a high-frequency squeak under certain operating conditions. This is clearly audible at night. To the left, for example, I placed a light bulb that I bought a couple of years ago. It still works great. But it does not have such saturated shades as new. I am saddened that the light bulbs are not working properly. Can I replace faulty lamps with normal ones?

@scherbakov.al That’s exacly the same issue I’m having. Already bummed about the replacemenet I ordered as it’ll likely have the same problem, but hopefully there was a bad batch and the replacement will be fine.

1 个赞

yup, same issue I have, it’s clear this is a common fault, and it’s incredibly frustrating that yeelight are not acknowledging the problem even exists.

1 个赞

video:

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/2m8J/48wz7N3Zb

here’s my video

2 个赞

Today there appears to be a firmware update available.

I will report back if this fixes the issue.

I already received my replacement and that one is working fine so far (I’ve had it for two weeks now). I gave the malfunctioning one to my brother and I’ll ask him to update the firmware and report back as well if it helped.

Can confirm the update did not solve the issue :frowning:

I have the same problem - three bulbs on one program turn red, the fourth actually follows the program. Use the wall switch to turn them all off for a second and then on, and then all four follow the program perfectly… until the next day, and that same thing happens.

So how do I get replacements for these three lights?

welcome to the club, your fourth light will probably end up like the other three soon.

no response from Yeelight on this common fault…

Just getting this issue now with a few bulbs that I bought somewhat recently. Looks like this will happen eventually to all yeelight bulbs.

I’ve got the exact same problem

This issue has finally been acknowledged by YeeLight staff on this thread

I believe this is a malfunction. But! These bulbs glow absolutely fantastic at 42% brightness when out of order. Mixed shades are not possible. Lamps in this state glow with pure colors. But they can be turned on at a very low brightness. It looks great at night. Maybe the developers will take this into account and make such a mode of operation possible.Загрузка IMG_20201022_211749.jpg Загрузка IMG_20201022_211704.jpg Загрузка IMG_20201022_211614.jpg Загрузка IMG_20201022_211541.jpg

Thats a bummer. My replacement light is still doing fine and for whatever reason, before even updating the problem disappeared from my old light that I gifted to my brother, so I can’t really comment about the latest firmware after all.

This is great news!

Here. Managed to attach images. Delightful shades are obtained at 42% brightness from broken bulbs. Maybe this will be taken into account and can make an advantage out of it?