Problems with Crystal Pendant Light and firmware 2.0.6_0042

bump

Still hope for solution

Last weekend I installed my new lamps.
LED Ceiling Light 650 and Yeelight Meteorite
Everything worked perfectly. The two lights were in sync, I could set my favorite lights.
I use them in the dining room built into the living room and we watch movies here too.
The warm, intimate light of moon mode really appealed to me while watching TV, drinking tea and watching movies. It was like candlelight.
When it was only dimly lit, it beautifully depicted the purely elegant shape of the lamp. Not just a dark object hanging into space.
It became a really nice part of the room.
I could only enjoy her for a day.

Then I upgraded the firmware.
There was no information about the changes. I was hoping to get some great new opportunities.
The application reported an error. I thought the update failed. When I restarted the update it wrote that the latest firmware was running.
And the “moon” mode disappeared. I spent half a day trying.
I thought the reason for the faulty update was.
Then I read this topic now.
I can not believe my eyes.
Somebody somewhere decided what’s good for me?
The explanation is that “this decision was made”.
Perhaps the hardware is spoiled by low brightness and there have been many complaints?
What does “poor support of the optical scheme” mean?
I do not want to light with this lamp for photography.

I’m very disappointed.
This lamp is sold with adjustable brightness.
It is not stated anywhere that it can only be controlled from a certain level.
If there is no separate “moon” mode, please be able to adjust the brightness from 0-100%.
I’m angry with myself for upgrading the firmware.
If there is no other solution, downgrade my firmware please!
My ID is: 6233993640
Server: Germany

Thanks

1 个赞

Any news about this? Where are the new promised schemes to supply the moonlight mode? Thank you!!

i was really thinking about to buy the Yeelight Meteorite Pendle Light. But thanks to this Thread, i will NOT BUY this Product. It is super stupid that Yeelight Support is not heariing the “Voice of the Community” AGAIN !!!
Not the first time, it took about half a Year until Yeelight has released the Update for the BLE Mesh lights.

In my oppinion there is something really wrong inside this company.
AND what are they doing with the Yeelight App ? Before a few Months the Yeelight App was always fast and reliable, but now it is just super slow! Mi Home is working great, but Yeelight is a mess.

And what about the new Yeelight Gateaway ? Announced for Q3/2019…still no good news about it

Yeah, just don´t buy their products.
That´s the only way they (hopefully) learn their lesson :frowning:

And you´re right, the app performance ist really bad the last months. It doesn´t matter if on china mainland or europe server.

As others, I also can’t believe my eyes. I used this dark moonlight mode 90% of the time, too. Even the Support Answer from @0x000 is not saying ANYTHING about what’s wrong with the moon light mode. I’m getting also as angry as the others (additionally, because, the WiFi worked also not good) and I wish back also at least the possibility to darken the light to the same values as the moon light mode. It was just perfect for my cases.

Hi all,

Did somebody tried to extract the old firmware and reload this to updated lamp? The Board is wroom32 based and the pins are labeled. See also the attachment.

I think there is no hope for yeelight support. Unfortunately the current Version of the app is also not supporting moon mode but it is at least available via api. Anyhow I will change in next days the Alexa connection away from Yeelight cloud to lan/api based control. Just Because Alexa connection is also not working properly…

Good idea! Unfortunately, i don´t have any skills in reverse engineering :wink:

Moonlight is advertised here: https://www.yeelight.sg/yeelight-crystal-led-pendant-lamp

I’m amazed by the lack of reaction from the Yeelight team. Not really Xiaomi worthy.

2 个赞

… Well I suppose there will be no feedback on this, it seems to be the company policy not to response to customer request or share any details in advance (Details on firmware updates what is included)…

Hi @Paalap, thank you for mentioning the API! Used the node-yeelight and changed a bit of code in order to test a colour flow for the ambilight. It works :).

But you mentioned the moon mode being available through the API? I have no idea how moon mode looks because I just recently bought it. Would you be so kind to tell how moon mode looks/what it does. And how would you set moon mode through the API?

Been able to start it in moonlight mode. In the app the sunlight icon changes to a moon. But it seems the lamp just starts in 1% regular light on the bottom lamp.

Were still waiting for the night mode or TV mode that changes both main light and ambilight at the same time.

Any news about this? Thank you!

1 个赞

@Meerdat

Moon mode is actually just a lowered brightness, if moon mode is active you can select also the brightness between 1 and 100 but this is always below the 1% of normal mode. Please note brightness selector in the app deactivates the moon mode, thus try to turn on the moon mode and set via API the brightness to 1.

And the color temperature is not selectable in the moon mode.

1 个赞

@Paalap

Ah thank you very much! I will give it a try :slight_smile:

Considering the total lack of attention to international customers during the last months I came up with the idea that the only solution is to boycott their products at all and, where possible, asking to send back not working products in warranty, as the official page clearly states there is moon light mode and all other no more accessible features. They change features without warning so we have right to reject buying contract. That’s what I will absolutely do if things don’t get fixed in the next month, and I hope you all will do the same.

1 个赞

I will keep my meteorite lamp, but won´t buy more products from yeelight.
F… them!

I have used moonlight mode daily.
I have switched it on through the Smart switch, that allowed to change a brightness, color, ambilight color, moonlight mode… But it was a bit tricky to switch on Moonlight mode. I had always a hope that new firmware will make it more reliable… And it worked till New year, when I have opened yeelight app first time for three months and clicked on “firmware update”
Updated… Thank you guys… first need to reset everything, going crasy where is moonlight mode, searching for half a day and discover that it was deleted… “we have decided it was causing problems”. Which problems, guys??

I really start to think about sending the lamp back. Because now in every evening in order to mimic the moonlight I should:

1. find and open app
  2. change brightness to the minimum
  3. change color to warm
  4. switch off ambilight .

And it is still too bright.

Scenes does not work as they should. They just can change or save main light settings, not in connections with ambilight.
It is impossible now through the app to make a scene which toggles ambilight off, minimize brightness and change color to warm. In best case - working with the timeplan, which now does not work either. to have for example from 8pm till 7 am one scene and from 7am till 8pm another one, What could be more simple? No…
Binning of Smart switch button to new functions - doesn’t work either.

And before I did all of it in just two clicks in one second! Without even picking up a phone in a hand…

Before I was extremely happy with the lamp and told everyone I know how cool is it. I worked as best advertiser ever.
Now I just can join to andimu1 - f u guys. Every evening now I think to myself and send rays in your (yeelight “deciders”) karma - f u.
Never ever Yeelight. And I will spread this. Company, which can just delete daily used feature saying “we have decided, we never claimed it works”, does not deserve more.
Especially, as mentioned above - moonlight is still advertised on Singapore site www.yeelight.sg/yeelight-crystal-led-pendant-lamp ,

And all I want now - to have as it was. without this stupid update.

2 个赞

Hey guys can we put some pressure over petition and instagram, Facebook and so on?

I need my Moonlight Mode back