Remember on/off state after power cycle

Please help me understand the following behavior regarding the Default state settings of the Yeelight YLXD01YL Smart LED Ceiling Light. For both the Mi Home / Yeelight app you are given two toggles to handle Default state. They might be called slightly differently, but they interface with the ceiling light in the same way.

In the Mi Home app:
a) Default light state when turned on
b) Automatic light state recovery

In the Yeelight app:
a) Auto on upon power resumption
b) Save light state automatically

This is the behavior I observe when having both a) and b) enabled

• Put yeelight to some arbitrary light settings and wait for 15s [1]
    cut power -> restore power -> TURNS ON to the previously set settings (very consistently)

• Put yeelight to the off state (via app or remote) and wait for 15s [1]
    cut power -> restore power -> TURNS ON to the previously set settings (very consistently)

When having only b) enabled

cut power -> restore power -> REMAINS TURNED OFF -> cut power -> restore power -> TURNS ON (not very consistently [2]) to the previously set settings

cut power -> restore power -> REMAINS TURNED OFF -> cut power -> restore power -> TURNS ON (not very consistently [2]) to the previously set settings

Now, for some odd reason my ceiling light loses power for a short duration / power cycles multiple times during the night, inevitably resulting in the light turning on after the second cycle. This is no bueno. The following is the behavior I would expect:

cut power -> restore power -> TURNS ON to the previously set settings

cut power -> restore power -> REMAINS TURNED OFF -> cut power -> restore power -> REMAINS TURNED OFF -> …

I’m using firmware 1.5.9_0184, Mi Home v5.5.48, Yeelight v3.2.15.

[1]
Apparently, one has to wait a couple of seconds before the most recent state is propagated. I’m guessing it must be some sort of server delay / latency issue?

[2]
You have to wait a few seconds after turning the light off to turn it back on again, unlike when both a) and b) enabled.

If you use Yeelight application, there’s also another option with “Default State” : “Auto on upon power resumption”, I suggest you disable it so the lamp would be remain off state when you have a power outage. And then there’s another question how I can turn on the lamp with wall switch if I disable it: the answer is double switch wall switch to turn on.

There’s another option of “Save light state automatically”, I suggest you enable it, so the lamp will recovery to previous light state if you power on with wall switch. Please note it can only remember “ON light state”. If the lamp is off, it will keep state with option of “Auto on upon power resumption”.

Thanks,

Yes, see beginning of my post:

Are you planning to add an option which truly remembers the off state?

No, I suggest your disable " Auto on upon power resumption" if you have an unstable power supply. So the lamp will keep off state whenever it power on from power outage.