Yeelight LED Ceiling, settings are lost when power switch is turned off

Hello,
today I received my LED Ceiling light. So far it works nicely. The only thing that makes it hard to use right now is that my favourite settings are lost when I switch the light off via the normal power switch. basically I want to setup the light once via the app or remote control and then only use my normal power switch on the wall to turn it on and off most of the time.

how can I achieve that?

thank you
ipumuk

We saved the settings, so please provider the information more clearly that which settings are lost.

Hello dingyichen, I mean the light settings like color temperature, brightness or moon mode. for example if I set the lamp to moon mode and then turn it off via the switch on the wall and then turn it on again later it is set to sun mode and very bright.

There’s a feature named “Default State”, you can have a try with enable “Save light state automatically”. Please note that the light will save automatically in 15s when you change color.

I can not find this setting.

In the yeelight app there is no setting “default state”

In the mi home app I can find default state but not “save light state automatically”:

do I need another app?

It is in Yeelight application. You can find it in bottom-right of control view, there’s an arrow up icon.

thank you dingyichen!

I finally found this setting page. i did not recognize the arrow at first.
but now it works fine as I had hoped!

Dear dingyichen, i would like hijack this a bit to ask some help /advice form you.

Whatever setting that is done with the APPS…would they be save in the ceiling light memory? Meaning that in case there is no WIFI, and we switch on & off sing normal wall switch, the last saved settings are still there?

Secondly, can we use the normal wall switch to toggle the colour tone like normal LED lamp? what settings will that be? thank you.

Please don’t worry about that, all the settings of the lamp could be recovery after it back online. The app just receive the data from the lamp or the cloud to show up in its page.

What do you mean of toggle the color tone? Do you mean does the lamp support change color with wall switch?

Whatever setting that is done with the APPS…would they be save in the ceiling light memory? Meaning that in case there is no WIFI, and we switch on & off sing normal wall switch, the last saved settings are still there?

yes. you could turn off wifi and uninstall the app it would still work.

Secondly, can we use the normal wall switch to toggle the colour tone like normal LED lamp? what settings will that be? thank you.

when turning on the lamp via the wall switch you have four options:

• turn on to factory default light settings (default)
  • turn on to a previously saved default state (similiar to above but you can set it up the way you like it)
  • turn on to previously used settings (this is what I was looking for)
  • do nothing

Thanks for the help.

Dear dingyichen, I mean using the wall switch to change the lamp colour like common LED lamp, you switch on/off to change the colour from daylight to cool white or warm white. is that possible?

I don’t think so.

For some reason my yeelight App has no “save light state automatically” , see attached screens shot.
Please advise

I have the very same issue as @Sahark :confused:

I also have the same issue as @Sahark
This seems to be a common problem. And a very frustrating one, you buy a smart light but it cannot do the basic functions right… so disappointing.

My Yeelight app also does not have the Save Light State Automatically and Set Default Light options.

Also, all white light has disappeared from my ceiling light and it is only able to turn on orange tones. What does this mean?

I can’t change the sequence of light tones in the Wall Switch as well…

Hello, I’m not able to see that option either, any updates on this? My light suddenly switches to moonlight