Thank you to psybill and stormdreamer! It works!
This is what I did.
- Clear Cache of Mi Home App.
- Log into China Mainland
- Click Add Device Manually
- Select Gateway and Reset the device
- Once you’ve reset successfully you will be asked for your wifi ssid and password.
- Do not enter wifi id and password yet! You will trick the gateway device in staying on wifi pairing mode by quickly
logging into Singapore Server as quickly as possible. (Profile>Region>Singapore)
If done correctly, you will see a red dot on the upper right corner which means it has detected a new device.
- Click on the new device and you can now enter your wifi ssid and password.
- Now it will try to initialize the device but will be stuck at 90%, dont worry just cancel that. You think that the pairing has
failed but the Mi home app is just hiding the gateway by now. You can also check if the pairing is successful if the
zigbee sensors are now showing up on the app.
- Now clear the cache again and switch into the China Mainland Server but right after you sign in with your Mi Account
quickly switch back to Singapore Server as quickly as possible.
- You can now see the gateway and enter its interface!
Gateway has latest firmware (updated in china mainland server)
Mi Home App lastest update