Yeelight RGB Bulb V2

And also the 1% brightness is too high.

It´s time to fix the bulbs…

i am pretty sure that they cannot fix the 1% brightness issue because they will say that it’s a hardware-limitation…

how about the issue that the bulb goes purple every time it loses power for a few seconds?

how about turning off the extra un-needed features for “homekit” since it doesn’t work?
if i am not mistaken… this is an RGBW? if so… can you turn OFF the white leds when you are supposed to produce colors like red, blue, green? especially red.

how about you guys spend some actual time on the project?

I cant for the love of me get the music sync feature to work with a few yeelight colour bulbs grouped together. App crashes if i try to set individual bulbs using the feature.

I think the WiFi chip is the responsible of the energy consumption at standby. I have monitored the TP-Link smart plug HS110, it also consume something like 1,2 watts without any load and switched off. It consumes even more when switched on (1,9 watts). So unless the chip maker designs a very low power wifi chip (Qualcomm Atheros, Ralink, Broadcom,…), it will be difficult to significantly reduce the power consumption at stand by.

Hi, We’ve done some update to enhance color accuracy. The current beta version is 1.3.0_0029. Would you mind helping to evaluate the effect? If not, we will need your XIAOMI id.

Please accept me

Thx

thanks for volunteering :slight_smile:

Yehaaaa!!!
Thx :star_struck:

I would love to try

yes I want to try ! =)

yeap it’s 1713459370

Count me in too. I have seven Gen 2 bulbs to play around with. 460108633

Put me in there to!

Accept me 1739857909

The problem is that they stated that they were able to cut down the consumption in an indefinite way. So in the end many believed they made a drastic drop while in real there is almost none. Thus I was asking for clearer communication next time.

Regarding the cause of this high consumption: You might be right that it is currently not possible to get it lower. So lets hope that it is possible to produce low power chips (maybe there are also limitations involved) that can then be used for new generations.

That’s right. I was wondering if it is worth to buy the second generation of bulb for the extra money. But after knowing that any improvement has been made with its standby consumption and its red color issue, I have preferred purchasing the initial version again.

5 days and still… no news about the beta firmware.

From Yeelight staff response it is very clear that they discovered in the last minute that designed low-powered wireless chip cannot support Apple Home Kit in the future so they decided to make engineering change then affected designed specification. One of common issue is IPv6. Apple mandates that all Home Kit devices must support IPv6 but IoT low-powered chips usually don’t. So I guest this is also Yeelight reason for 1W standby in V2 bulb. Many devices that initially advertised as Home Kit upgradable few year ago but never actually happen until now are because of this (beside other reasons). Even Philips Hue must release Hub V2 to support Home Kit. I’m glad that Yeelight decided to add Home Kit hardware support in V2 bulb otherwise you guys must buy again V3 bulb in next 2 years. Despite more standby power I think they deliver products that more future-proof to us.

It is possible to get it lower. ESP32 can stay a lot lower than 1W. Not to mention that there are a bunch of sleep features that could be used for to decrease the consumption even more etc.
@tidason HS110 also has a unreasonable high standby consumption and it should not be taken as a standard. At least in this case there is an always ON LED.
Not sure what kind of update was this (probably to expand the market).

Indeed, I do notice it gets even a bit warm. Let’s hope the standby power consumption of these connected things will decrease significantly over the time. To manage the power of a greedy device like a heater it makes sense but for a tv which consumes only 1 watt at standby a smart plug lose its interest in term of power saving.