Yeelight Light Strip won't connect due to poor wifi signal

So recently I got myself a Yeelight light strip and tried to set it up and it got stuck on connect and 0%, never went up. Please help

Have you reset your light strip and tried again?

Reseted 10 times and then i tried using the mihome app to setup and i found out the problem that my internet connection is poor which i don’t know how to solve

It could be that your wifi signal is poor. Try using a wifi repeater. Let me know if you’re still having problems.

Xiaomi sells a good wifi repeater >> https://www.banggood.com/English-Version-Xiaomi-2nd-300Mbps-Wifi-Amplifier-Wireless-Repeater-Network-Wifi-Extender-Expander-p-1155328.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=USA

problem is that i live in dorm with pretty bad wifi signal

Oh. Well the best thing you can do is to return the light strip and get a refund.

What kind of wifi in your dorm?

When your phone connected to that wifi, the first you open a webpage in the browser, was there a authorization page popup need you confirm?

Try setting your router to a fixed channel for 2.4/5 GHz. Sometimes you need to do that when there is a ton of wireless networks around.

He said he lives in a dorm. The probably uses the public WiFi.

I already got it sorted, thanks anyways. I sorted it by using an android phone, linked to my mi account, connected the strip to wifi, and then because its the same acc, it synced on every device that i have yeelight app installed. But its weird why only android phone can connect weak wifi to the yeelight lightstrip…