Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 awful pairing and software work

I was so excited to Yeeligh JIAOYUE 650Ceiling Lightbefore got it.

Pairing with application is terrible because if you paired remote control with before, application will not see a lamp. So you need to reset it (5 times turn on/off) to be able pair it with smartphone.

Official application for android seems to be good, but it can’t remember ambient light state after lamp turned off. Saving it into presets doesn’t keep it too; application isn’t very responsive when working with lamp’s settings frequent (sometimes lamp doesn’t react to application actions). Also there are no scenarios to interact with other devices so we smoothly approach to —>

—> the other application to control the lamp is Xiaomi MiHome - I bought this lamp to work definitely with that application (because your lamp is positioned as a product of a well-known company Xiaomi (or may be it’s partner)). But I was really disappointed about it. First of all, somehow my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X isn’t compatible with this app, so I forced to download it bypassing Google Market. Alright, not a problem! Finally I got latest build on my phone. Set Europe region and russian (tried english language too) but it can’t see the lamp! Lamp resetting didn’t helped. Ok, defined Mainland China/English language. Reset lamp again - finally app see the lamp! But it can’t see a remote control! Goooooood! Nevermind! Nice application, sweet presets, comfortable customization. Let’s see scenarios. Whoooaaa! Chinese characters!!! UNUSABLE. I don’t know if it depends on you, or should I write to Xiaomi devs.

Guys you should do something with that fast. All of those issues are really annoying and it making impression that your product is VERY RAW. For now I can’t enjoy this lamp, because spent whole day for those dances with a tambourine.

I agree on chinese commands in MiHome, they should translate this, also for LED stripe and a few other devices. But I never had any problems you describe. In order to pair the remote, you must do so within 1 minute of turning off the lamp. So if you didn’t do it upon installation, it is enough to turn it off and back on. I had lamp on with RED ambi, turned off yesterday, and when I turned it on today, it had RED ambi… :slight_smile:

i did pairing, but it’s very uncomfortable, at least because the other app doesn’t see lamp if it already paired. for example: you should remove the lamp from Yeelight app to be able to pair it with MiHome. otherwise it will be inactive or invisible

You must make something wrong here.

MiHome and Yeelight app actually working on same platform. If you paired the lamp in one app, suppose it will be shown in the device list for the other app.

Please make sure you have selected same server in BOTH app.

Let us know!

thanks. it’s not a biggest annoying problem.
chinese language is the most frustration to me.
also would like to notice following: ambient light doesn’t saving as favorites and doesn’t lite then lamp is turned on. it could be litten only manually.
as to presets: there are no ability to use common favs - for main and ambient light at same time. that’s really stupid.

Please show me screen capture of the Chinese language issue. Also let me know the language you have selected for you system.

Yes, we do realize that’s a problem. We will look into it. Thanks for your feedback!

Please show me screen capture of the Chinese language issue. Also let me know the language you have selected for you system.

Currently it’s set to Mainland China with English language. As I said before, no matter what region and language was set - it’s always chinese words within an Automation setting. The rest is OK - in English.
But the following problem - app can’t see the lamp if region set to different than Mainland China

As I mentioned above, user data is isolated among different servers. Once you have connected your device to mainland china server, you will not be able to see that device on any other server.

Yes, we do realize that’s a problem. We will look into it.

Is there is a chance that the problem with ambient light wich’s doesn’t light then the lamp turning on will be fixed soon within future firmware update?

As I mentioned above, user data is isolated among different servers. Once you have connected your device to mainland china server, you will not be able to see that device on any other server.

so, customers can’t use region different than China and the problem will not gonna be fixed? :confused:

Is possible to add this Moon light to Mi Home with America server? I cannot add it :frowning:

Not so far. Only those products sold outside of China via official channel are available in MiHome app.

so, what’s up with my questions, guys? :slight_smile:

There might be some misunderstanding here.

You mean you can’t see the lamp in the list when you trying to add new device in server other than china?

Or, if you have connected your device to china server, when you switch to other server, you can’t see you device in YOUR device list?

Both.

1. I can’t ADD lamp as device, because it isn’t discoverable in Europe, USA, Singapore, Thailand regions. It’s only visible if region set to Mainland China
  2. If I added lamp in China region, then switching to another region (to check if there will be language issue) - the lamp is in the list, but it’s inactive.
  1. 650 is not sold out of china, so it’s normal like I mentioned above.

2. 650 should not be shown in the device list in MiHome app when you select server other than China, please double check. If you do have the problem, PM me a screen capture and your xiaomi id.

now I got it. very bad…
taking into account all the above, we (customers outside China) will not get translation from chinese? :neutral_face:

Come on man, I didn’t said you will not get translation. For sure, that’s a bug. We will look into it.

Good to hear that! :slight_smile:
I hope the ability to lite ambient light with the main light will be fixed/added too. As well to include possibility to save ambient light to common presets.
And it will not take one more year to fix…

I understand your feelings. Yes, we will look into it, but I can’t commit anything at this point.

I see that in latest update of MiHome, LED strip is finaly in English! Yeees! That leaves the Jiaoyue 650 to be translated !!! Please! :slight_smile: