Yeelight Wall Switch / Dimmer

seconded. any updates/news from users/owners of this dimmer switch?

i would like to set up 4x ceiling lights in one room with 3 switching locations.and therefore would like to know the following:

I) Can one switch control multiple lights simultaneously? i.e. one press, turn all lights on. turn knob, brightness change for all switches, etc.

II) Can multiple of these dimmer switches control the same multiple ceiling lights?

III) Can the ceiling lights be controlled by this dimmer switch AND other wireless switches by xiaomi or Aquara?

Hi sir,

1. You can use one switch control multiple lights.
  2. You can control the same ceiling light by multiple switches, but only up to ten can be connected.
  3. Our smart ceiling lights support xiaomi or aquara switch, but it may need a gateway to connect.
1 个赞

Is there a way to connect these switches to the Mi Gateway, in order to control Yeelight Smart Led Bulbs?

Hi,
Yeelight Dimmer switch does not currently support Yeelight Smart LED Bulbs.

Hello. I have two lights and my switch turns on both. How to unpairing one of them?

Hi,
Please make sure that your light has been connected to Yeelight app, then you can find the switch option on the dimming page of the light, click the option to unbind.

I have the wireless version and 2 remotes to my ceiling light.
get them all paired just fine but the switch just never works.
caould use some help :slight_smile:

EDIT
Seems like there has been a firmware update since i last tried.
Now it works.

Hey guys,

So I have the wall wired one installed, works fine, but I thought it should be able to change to light color/temperature as well with the long hold. Does not work. Do I miss something or there is no such feature? Thanks

Hi all,

i bought Yeelight Smart Knob Wireless Dimmer (the not wired version), but it is not able to connect to my Yeelight ceiling light in any circumstances :confused: I tried simply to turn off the light using standard wall switch (disconnect from power), turn light on, press pair button on wireless switch (blinking), but it takes some time until it stops blinking itself, nothing happens with the light, switch is not connected. I also tried the same with just turning off and on the light via Yeelight app. Also tried to unpair my light and pair again in app. Open the switch and close again (to disconnect from battery). Also tried to turn off the “auto on upon a power resumption” function for the light. Also tried both with enabled and disabled LAN control. Also tried with enabled and disabled “Enable Flex TM switch” function. I runned out of ideas :confused: Any suggestion?

I also see both the light and switch (during pairing) in search bluetooth devices on Android phone.

Here is my configuration…

Light model: yeelink.light.ceiling5
Light FW version: 2.0.2_0025
Server in my Yeelight app: Mainland China (Beijing)

Switvh model: YLKG08YL , 9C15
CMIT ID: 2019DP2359

Thank You.

Solved! Not sure if a good solution though :smiley: the switch fell on the floor by mistake and started to work.

I have installed one of the wired switches to an existing Yeelight setup, it auto connected but now when turned on the light makes a buzzing noise has anyone else has this issue?

I’ve bought two of these dimmer switches to control two sets of bluetooth smart bulbs connected to the Xiaomi smart gateway v3. All works very well from the app but wanted to use these dimmers for simplicity.
I am starting to realise that the switches are not compatible (?) with the bluetooth gateway and at the moment there is no way for making it work :confused:
Anybody knows any solution or shall I just wait until a magical firmware update solves this?

Hello, do you have plans to release Europe version of smart dimmer switch? Just 86 version did not fit…

So we are on 2020 and the bulb still can’t have an update to work with the yeelight dimmer switch !?
Xiaomi can’t make a new product !?
because bulb is like 20€
ceiling price is like 70€ to 100€
ceiling is 3x the price of a bulb !
many people use the bulbe also !

It can’t have update since it lacks the BT hardware, most bulbs are WiFi…

oh that sad !
xiaomi could make the same product but replacing BLE module with a wifi module through !
i don’t know where xiaomi is going in the future with the lightning !
it would be nice to either have a new switch wifi compatible or even a new bulb working with latest bluetooth technology but i think i dream too much ahah

I think WiFi is better for bulbs. You couldn’t have music mode with BT. There are a lot of switches, that work with Zigbee and they work ok. In order to have WiFi switch, it must be wired, not wireless, since WiFi uses much more power than BLE or Zigbee.

What about using the xiaomi gateway 3 to connect the smart bluetooth dimmer to wifi lightbulb?

That’s exactly my question. The Xiaomi Gateway 3 has got Bluetooth, WiFi and Zigbee and it is working well, I have devices in all three connection type. I want control my smart ceiling lights with this switch, all connected to the same gateway.
However, this Yeelight Smart Dimmer Switch is not recognised by the Gateway, I cannot add it in the Mi Home app either. There are literally hundreds of devices listed in the app, including other Yeelight, Aqara and Mi light switches.
Why is this one missing???

Because it is a remote, not a switch. It connects directly to the ceiling light.