Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 broken surrounding ambient-lighting

Dear Yeelight support Team, I have a issue with my 5 months old Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 lamp.

Model: Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 Surrounding Ambient Lighting LED Ceiling Light
Firmware Version: 1.5.9_0040

Problem:

Half of the ambient light does not work properly. The way it looks, the red LEDs can’t be controlled anymore. From time to time (rarely) everything works again. Up to now I could not determine whether the mainboard or the LEDs are defective. My salesman (G**rBest) refuses an uncomplicated return - I would have to send the lamp back to China - unfortunately the costs are extremely high and there would be problems with the customs.

I hope you can help me, the lamp is not old yet and was very expensive for me - I don’t want to dispose of it. I am technically very skilled and could repair it with your help.

Best regards,

MJ

No help from support team???

It seems a hardware issue, where did you buy it from? You can contact your retailer for a replacement.

Hi dingyichen

Unfortunately, that’s the problem. I bought the lamp from Gearbest and the dealer doesn’t want to help me. A return shipment to China is not possible (Shipping costs and taxes are horrible). Is there no possibility to repair this error with spare parts? I have equipped my entire apartment with Yeelight products…but the fact that the most expensive lamp breaks so quickly is very annoying.

BR,

MJ

PM you.

Dear dingyichen,

I hope you are well. I have a similar issue.

Ambient light doesn’t turn on. It worked from the beginning, the light is 1 month old. In the past week it randomly started working. But now it doesn’t work for a week.

Basically what I did is disassembled the light and checked the contacts.
They seem fine.
I measured voltage and it’s around 1V between the 0 and inputs, depending on which color is selected.
Not sure what else can I check.
It’s a bit more difficult to get to the actual led strip.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Thank you,
Val

Following on this issue with the Yeelight Ceiling Lights.

I have a YLXD50YL, 6 months old, and one section of the ceiling suddenly turned odd in color. Purchased from AliExpress in Nov 2019 but Yeelight support asked me to post this here.

I have the same lamp and I faced the same issue after few months of use. If anyone can help wit this ?