1% still too bright

There is no whitelist friend.
Yeelight is committed to doing nothing about this

2 个赞

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedbacks. I feel sorry to tell you that the issue can’t be fixed by update firmware, we will make optimization of hardware to make it possible in next generation.

We did research and made changes of the firmware to make enhancement, and we did lots of work to change color tuning algorithm and test, but there are lots of side effects we can’t fix.

So we make a decision that we will not do any optimization of 1% too bright from now on, we will focus on our next generation of the bulb.

We are listening to Yeelight user all the time: in 1st generation of the bulb, most of users complains it is not brighten, so in 2nd gen, we enhance brightness from 600lm to 800lm. And we will improve 1% too bright issue in our next generation bulb.

Be the way, we are also working Homekit support for bulb v2, it will be ready soon.

Again, thanks for your feedbacks and suggestions.

Thanks,
Andy

I’ve been seeing you guys say homekit support for bulb v2 would be ready for almost a year. When will you announce you couldn’t make it and tell us we have to buy the next generation to get Homekit support?

Well! This is unacceptable. Now I have many lights still on the bete firmware where I am very very happy with the low light mode.
I understand this is a hardware limitation to get the colors to function properly.

Can you the at least just realised the experimental feature as we had in the beta firmware!? This would make many of us users very happy.

Right now I have some lights working like I want and some working not like I want!

Just release the experimental feature from 1.4.2_0037 as an optional switch! Why is this so difficult??

Or let me have the option to install the 1.4.2_0037 firmware on my new lights!

There must be a solution possible! We were all very very happy with the 1.4.2_0037

I hope that you can take the time to comment to this post

4 个赞

They maybe a way to extract the 0037 firmware from the bulb and manually flash it onto others, I didnt get on the white list till after they removed 0037 so couldn’t upgrade any of mine.

https://steve.fi/Hardware/backup-and-restore/

would require opening the bulb and connecting a rs232 interface ill try it on mine when i get 5

simple solution would be as irresisti says, just give us the option of beta firmware and we can install 0037 if we dont like it we can just go back to final firmware

5 个赞

Please give us the ability to go on the beta firmware with the low brightness enabled, we don’t care about color accuracy.

5 个赞

So basically it’s tough shit if you want a fix buy a new bulb then we will %$# that one up aswell so we can sell v4 bulbs and so on and so on.

You clearly have the ability to let us have the last working 0037 or what ever was the best you can do. So just add everyone here to the beta whitelist and lets us install it as those who have it say it’s fine

. I couldn’t care less if red is actually blue as it makes no difference to me.

3 个赞

Cheap bulbs cheap attitude. These bulbs had great potential but you made them suck!
I hope you guys turn it around and fix your mistakes.
It’s really not a big ask to allow your customers to dim their bulbs. I wanted to fill my rooms with your products but I’ve purchased 2 and won’t but from you again…

1811593028 (just incase you decide to make things right)

2 个赞

This is not acceptable, some of us hardly ever use the rgb, we just would prefer the better dimming choices, and we deserve the option if we prefer. Dimming is a basic function.

5 个赞

Unbelievable… I bought one test light. Was too bright in my opinion. I was added to the beta firmware and was really happy with the light.
Therefore I bought 10 more lights, to place them all over in my house.
But now after they came in, I am unable to flash them with 0037 beta firmware…
And the advise is to wait for new hardware and buy new lights again??

Please just make the beta firmware available again for those who are looking for it! :sob:

6 个赞

Sorry to read such reply, it is very disappointing.
I was pretty much happy with 0037 version but then I made a mistake and updated to most recent version :frowning:
PLEASE give users a CHOICE to have low brightness option even at the expense of colour accuracy, for which most of us DON’T CARE!
OR provide more low-level access to dimming via API (like 256 levels of brightness instead of 100), so we can at least do it via custom software.
Thank you.

7 个赞

My globes are on 1.4.2_0038 and the dim is much too bright. Can I please be added to the dim whilelist or whatever it takes so I can actually dim these globes?
Mi 61767558
I think you should try and make this an option for everyone. I had a friend with Phillips Hue laugh at these when I showed the lack of Dim. No way he would change, but maybe if it were fixed he might look again.
Thank you

5 个赞

Wait… I JUST bought 32 of the V2 to refit the house…This is before I knew the dim was useless… Originally I was told they would work on the old dimmer switch… though I read and understand they can not… Can you please have to option to use the less accurate color but real Dim available? Or have a swap over option when you release the ‘new working hardware’?

Thank you

4 个赞

Come on and give us the beta firmware option. This will make us stay with your brand

6 个赞

I don’t take another yeelight if it is not corrected.

7 个赞

Low bright please !!

5 个赞

Just give us firmware and we will make bulbs useful in no time.

5 个赞

I had 9 Yeelight White v2 (YLDP05YL). 7 of them, I’m using in my Living Room. 5 on the ceiling and 2 on the wall. I can say, I’m OK with the level of the 1% brightness set to 2700k. They are dimmed enough.

The other 2 Yeelights are on the wall of my kid’s room and I compare them to my Ikea Tradfri lights (980lm E27 white spectrum) that are in my bedroom, 2 on the wall and 2 on the ceiling. I cant see much difference in lowest level of brightness. I control them with the round remote (I don’t have Ikea gateway (hub)).

Probably, the Philips hue dims better but it’s also x2 even x3 more the price of Yeelight and it needs nub, but i don’t want hub, nor the zigbee interfearance with my 2.4ghz wi-fi network.

Of course, if it’s possible to make the Yeelight dim better via FW update would be great. If it’s for the expense of the color accuracy, I prefere them the way it is right now. It’s not bad at the moment with the latest FW - 2.0.4_0023 on the German server, IMO.

At the end it depends from the personal taste of the user and the usage of the lights.

Regards!

3 个赞

The problem is that they can dim, so they should let us have the option.

3 个赞

No update of availability of the old firmware?

2 个赞