Xiaomi Philips Zhirui bedside problem

Hi all,
thanks for allowing me to write in this fantastic forum.

Unfortunately I have a problem that I can not solve:
a few days ago, going to make a firmware update for my 2 bedside lamps, one had no problems, while the other was blocked at 99% and then giving error every time I try to update. unfortunately, after the update not adnato successfully, the lamp was always on in moonlight mode until I was forced to turn it off by disconnecting it from the power supply. Probably I was wrong to do this because now when the reconnection does not turn on any more and every few minutes it flashes red and goes off, not giving me the possibility to connect it to the app mi home or yeelight. The first thing I did was try the reset with the small hole at the base, but this has no success.
Please help me, I do not know what to do.

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me.

We are Yeelight and Xiaomi Philips is our competitor. :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t know, sorry!

No problem, it’s confusing …

Xiaomi ecosystem has two smart lighting companies, Yeelight and Xiaomi-Philips, we both made smart lighting devices but run business separately. Devices branded with Yeelight or Mijia are made by Yeelight and you can ask for support in this forum.

Hi mecazak!

Have you resolved this problem? I bought one Zhirui today and I have the exact same problem as the one you described.

Need Help :frowning: