How to add the new YLDD04YL light strip as device?

This device isn’t listed in the app when I select add device, only the old lightstrip.
Would the light strip and 6 of the extensions YLOT01YL work by pairing it as the old light strip or do you need to update the app and support for this?

The smart bulb V2 is listed as a separate device in your app so thinking the new light strip would be listed as separate device too?

Also there is no device listed for Aurora either, aren’t they shipping soon?

A software update was rolled out to devices a while ago to support the new Lightstrip. Have you updated the app?

Strip of old version and Aurora are share the same entrance to add.

@dingyichen

Hi there, I came home and for no apparent reason, my light strip just stopped working and when I checked the app, it says the light strip is offline. Can you resolve this for me? Thanks.

How about power off and power on the strip again?

I reset the strip and it’s working now. May I know what causes it to go offline for no apparent reason? It’s a hassle if I have to reset the strip once in a while.

Please have a check if the strip connects to your router (you can check it from DHCP list) when your strip is offline.

I am on singapore server and using version 3.1.33 on IOS . I see no option for updating the app
all devices are updated to latest firmware
There is simply no option to add any lightstrip as device other than the old lightstrip (which Is just called “lightstrip”
This new lightstrip works when selecting the old lightstrip but not all features work plus it seems a bit unresponsive at times. For some reason the SUN option isn’t available plus the scene HOME doesn’t work. This is just what I’ve found out so far, I’m sure more things aren’t working. So really want it to be recognised as the new lightstrip so I get all features working.

This new lightstrip works when selecting the old lightstrip but not all features work plus it seems a bit unresponsive at times. For some reason the SUN option isn’t available plus the scene HOME doesn’t work. This is just what I’ve found out so far, I’m sure more things aren’t working. So really want it to be recognised as the new lightstrip so I get all features working.

Old strip and the new one are share the same access to add, if you can connect it successfully, it has nothing to do with access.

We removed SUN option to pass ERP certification in Europe, will add it back for other areas. Did you config Home scene? Where did you config it, mihome or Yeelight application?

So when connecting to singapore server will the SUN become available in a future device update (or is the actual physical product different and it will never work?) I didn’t buy in europe and I don’t live there ;(

I haven’t tried to do anything with it in mi home yet, using the yeelight app on iPhone
I didn’t configure the home scene, I’m just going in to the device and using the HOME scene under recommendations (the one with the fireplace) and it doesn’t work, all the other scenes work (cinema, movie, birthday party, candle flicker etc) but not this one.

Unrelated question: Why does scenes, rooms and devices save on the server but not light groups? I have to configure that manually on all the 4 devices we use to control lights ; (

This will be work soon, maybe in two months.

I will take a look at HOME scene configuration tomorrow.

There’s already group in Mihome, but we can’t sync with it. So in case of no confutation, we make group saves locally.