I’ve connected my other Xiaomi lamp (the Mi Bedside Lamp) using the official Android Yeelight application with absolutely no problems, but I can’t connect the Desk Lamp no matter what I’ve tried.
The process that I follow:
- Make sure that the lamp is connected to the power adapter (it turns on)
- Make sure that the device is added to the white list on my router
- Turn on the Yeelight application, select the Desk Lamp from the Add new device menu
- Click next, reset the device using the reset button on the bottom of the base of the lamp (the lamp blinked 5 times to confirm that it did successfully reset) as shown on the screen
- Click next, the app is searching for the device - it found the MAC address of the device so I choose it and click next again
- The app is searching for my Wi-Fi network, I type in the password and click next
Now the app is stuck on the “Updating connection status, just a sec…” indefinitely, it goes to 100%, connection times out and it asks me to try again.
What I’ve tried so far:
- Changing the network mode between:
- 2.4GHz + 5GHz
- 2.4GHz only
- 5 GHz only
- Changing the security mode between:
- no security
- Changing the network standard between:
- 802.11 n
- 802.11 g/n
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Changing the channel width
- 20 MHz
- 20/40 MHz
- Changing the name of the network
- only lowercase letters
- only uppercase letters
I’ve returned the lamp to the seller and got a new one of the same model - the problem is still occurring.
I’ve also tried using a different application (Smart Home), deleting the other lamp from the app and router before connecting this one, using WPS, using a different phone (Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S Plus, Sony Xperia Z3C) but nothing helped me so far.
I’ve seen on the forum that some people are asked for their Mi ID, so here it is: 1797738056