Yeelight Screen Light Bar Pro keeps blinking, cannot reset, app and wireless controller not working

Hi,

I have a Yeelight Screen Light Bar Pro. After removing the lamp bar from the magnetic/contact base and attaching it again, the lamp entered what seems like an unstable state.

Current symptoms:

  • The front/back light keeps blinking indefinitely
  • The Yeelight app cannot find or connect to the lamp
  • Xiaomi Home app cannot find it either
  • The wireless controller/dial does not work with it anymore
  • Factory reset by unplugging/replugging power 5 times does not change anything
  • I have always used a direct 5V/2A power adapter. I have tested different power adapters and cables, but the issue remains.
  • I have tried reconnecting the lamp bar carefully to the base and checking the metal contact points
  • I have tried wiping the contact points with isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber cloth. Didn’t work either.

It looks like the lamp does not enter normal pairing mode and may be stuck in a hardware/controller/contact-related fault state.

Is there any other recovery procedure for this model, or should this be handled as a warranty/RMA case?

Product: Yeelight Screen Light Bar Pro / YLTD003 Pro
Purchase age: less than 1 year

Thanks.

Given that you have already tested different power supplies, cleaned the contacts and tried the five-cycle reset, this sounds more like a hardware or controller problem than a normal pairing issue. Does the blinking pattern change when the light bar is removed from the base? A short video of the startup sequence might also help support determine whether another recovery procedure exists or if the unit needs to be replaced.

Hi thanks for sharing, i have exactly same problem with same discription and ive done exactly what you have stated before i signed up to this forum.:grinning_face:

So as “gsshssh” stated, it looks like a hardware problem.:+1:

  • I’ve made a search over the internet and there is a high chance of a firmware in ESP8266 chip flashdrive might be broken.
  • Is there a way to just get the board for YLTD003? The led lights are working just the, as you said, front/back lights keeps blinking without Coordination like it does in reset state.
  • I have also tested the original power adaptor and cable with “Type-C Current Voltage Meter” and it looks fine. so this means the main board that controls Led lights is the problem.

What would you recommend?