Another connection issue thread with lots of research and will to help and test!

Hey @liufei,

I’m posting so late, as I didn’t want to interrupt the conversation between you and @tomb92!
And thanks for the reply, really appreciated!!

And thanks for looking into the internet issue, that is awesome! Let me know if I can provide any more details, like about my network or anything!

About your HA questions, I think @tomb92 answered a lot already. I’m also not the expert on how HA works, but I’m pretty proficient in Python, so I do understand most of the things it does. So I try to respond:

Does the HA flood a bunch of requests to the bulb by any chance before it complained connect loss?

No, HA only does one request to each bulb every 30 seconds (by default), which is get_properties(). And that’s exactly the point where it throws the error message I posted

Or does HA have any tuning of TCP layer, like changing the keepalive parameters?

As far as I can see, no. The HA plugin definitely not, maybe the Python Yeelight lib, but I couldn’t spot tha there either.

Does HA read from the socket from time to time even when it’s not sending any requests? It could cause congestion in the bulbs sending queue which in time affects all traffic when bulbs’ (very limited) memory runs out.

As far as I can understand, yes. I am not 100% sure how it handles the socket connections as in: I don’t 100% understand if it keeps the socket open forever or recreates it at certain events. But I think @tomb92 already responded to that.

I had a quick chat with @tomb92 and he also things my issue could be the get_properties issue he mentioned.
Would it be possible that I could also get this fix build? As I mentioned, I do have quite some different lamps I could test it on! Not only the bulbs, but also different ceiling lights and the Mi bedside Lamps that throw this error every few minutes.
My MI Account ID: 1890771080

Thanks and greetings,

Andy!

Hi, Andy,

Thanks for the reply, and the waiting, very considerate :slight_smile: .

I think we have located the cause of the issue ‘Constant flapping state in Home Assistant’ when internet access is banned, and are working on a fix (should be ready within one day or two). Please provide a MI ID so that we can whitelist it, if you also prefer an early beta version. Thanks.

br,
Fei Liu

1 个赞

Thx @liufei! Really looking forward to that!! :slight_smile: I already sent my Mi account ID in the last post:

Greetings,

Andy!

Sorry I missed that…

1 个赞

No worries <3

@liufei, @ezcGman, @tomb92 In the other thread (Why is there no support?) after the DHCP discussion @_guofeng was so kind to provide me with the updated firmware for the lights and for last 28 hours my system recordered only one case when a single light dropped the connection. It’s a huge progress to several times an hour for each of the lights that was previously.
I do not have such a Phyton knowledge, but It was very interesting to read the discussion.

Good afternoon everyone.
Thank you all for the great research. I also have this issue and if possible I would also like to test the beta firmware. I also made a thread about this today before I saw this post. ( connection issues Home Assistant after update 2.0.6_0030 - 未分类 - Yeelight Forum)

My MI ID: 6317188532
Yeelight 1S
My bulb model is. Yeelink.light.color4

Hi all,

I have been following this issue closely.

@liufei - Could you kindly provide me the access to the beta firmware. I am running 5 Yeelight Color 2 bulbs with HA.

My info is

Mi Account ID: 1906383297
Hardware: 5 Yeelight Color 2 bulbs

Best,
Nick

Hi everyone
thank you so much for your impressive work on this topic.
I have the same problem, and I would like to test the beta firmware.
I’d test on the light color4 bulb
My ID 1866952536
Can you provide me access to the beta firmware test?
Thank

There’s no fix for color2 yet, sorry about that, because it is based on different Wi-Fi chips from these of bslamp2, color4, etc. We have not been able to reproduce the issue in lab yet for color2 yet. But we will keep on looking into the issues. Please provide as more clue as possible so that we can understand what’s going on.

Hi, everyone. We’re working on the beta version… Will let you known when it’s ready…
Color4 will delay due to non-technical issue. bad news… Won’t be long, 1 week or so.
Other models are on schedule.

Hi Liufei,

Can you add my MID ID as to be able to download the beta version ? Want to test the fix for get_prop … (6390626321)

I can validate if it fix the issue and report back to you. In my case is super easy to repro the issue, the only workaround I have is unplug the bulb and plug back it in, but get_prop will stop working in less than 1 minute, so it is not a good solution.

FYI : The same issue is not happening in the ceiling version. It only happen in 1S.

Thanks

no problem. will do when firmware is ready

Hi,

First of all, a big shout out to Tomb92, who spent time on this!

I’m a contributor of another home automation project (not HA) which uses the same Python library and I (we all) do face the same issue. I’d love to test the new firmware also.

My ID is 6229558366

Thanks!

M

Hi @liufei and yeelight team, I installed your beta firmware and I can tell you that the connection problem with HA is solved. Thank you.
hooping you can release it as soon as possible.

P.S. is there any improvement for the light.ct2 (only white tunable)?

@ferdy_vi, @liufei: The beta firmware is available already!??

I could update the bedisde lamps to 2.0.6.0033. Is that the new / beta release? Which version did you get @ferdy_vi?
However, I don’t see an update for the bulbs / color2 or any other of my lamps

You have to ask to the yeelight team to receive firmware. See above

Hi, the beta version is 2.0.6_0040. There are some delay due to lazy user whitelist synchronization. You should be able to find this version in Mijia APP by now. If not, please send me a notice.

1 个赞

The final update for color4 is not ready yet. The version you are seeing is 2.0.6_0031
I guess? This version already contains some enahancement on network stability and is to be released very soon.