Is it okay to use ceiling lamp with aluminum wiring?

Hi, I’m new to the forum and sorry if this has been answered already, I couldn’t find anything. So, I’ve been using my YLXD41YL ceiling lamp for about two weeks already, no issues so far, but it only occurred to me tonight that the wiring in my apartment is all aluminum. My room doesn’t get too humid nor hot, and I understand that ceiling light doesn’t really use that much power, but I’m also about to install the wall dimmer and I would like to know if it’s safe to use the lamp and the wall dimmer with aluminum wiring. Thanks in advance.

which wall dimmer? use only yeelight wall dimmer with this lamp! I have aluminum wireing in Czech republic and it all works. But do not use classic dimmer! it will fry your lamp!

Thanks for the reply. Yeelight wall dimmer for sure. How long did you have them for? I imagine the clamps in the base are made from brass or steel of some sort. I couldn’t find any info, unfortunately.

I have wireless dimmer, just glued it on top of where switch used to be :slight_smile: