Android App Login Failed

Hey there,

I am unable to login to the Yeelights app for Android. When I enter the wrong email or password, it gives the correct message of incorrect email or password. When I use the right email and password, it provides an unusual error with the following message:

LoginFailed: Value error at message of type java.lang.String cannot be converted to JSONObject

Please help.

Hi, can you make a video of the issue?

We have discovered the problem and are repairing it urgently.

Please try again. If still not work. Please let us know.

I had the same problem too.

The same message: LoginFailed: Value error at message of type java.lang.String cannot be converted to JSONObject

Curiously this message appears only when i tried to connect to North and South America (oregon). I connected in Singapore server and works fine and after that i changed to Oregon server cliking in “More” and choosing the server to Oregon.

But i still having problems with Alexa. Echo dot can’t find anymore my Yeelight. I tried everything but this problem still

Did you have the issue? LoginFailed: Value error at message of type java.lang.String cannot be converted to JSONObject?

We already fixed it. If you still have issue. Please let me know.

I tested now and apparently the problem is resolved! The problem with alexa is solved too!

Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback.

It looks like the problem is solved! Thank you folks so much; I appreciate the prompt response and solution. I’m guessing it has something to do with the database trying to parse between English and Chinese characters?

Actually, This is due to a communication issue between our server and Xiaomi’s server. So it caused this temporary bug.