Google Home Integration - Issues, Solutions and Feedbacks

Google home now supports Gentle Sleep and Wake with Yeelights too
https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/9304145?hl=en

For me it’s not dimming regular 1st Gen color bulb. It just switches them off after 30 minutes… Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s caused by the buggy firmware on this bulbs, as dimming and correct coloring seems a pain in the … since years now. :frowning:

Gen 1 color works for me (1.4.2_0076), and gen gen1 whites too

Thanks for your feedback. I’m having the same FW version… Is Google Assistant changing the color when starting gentle sleep? I was using “Dating night” with 50% last time and had to switch on bulb before assistant “worked”… Although assistant stated to start gentle sleep it didn’t switch on bulb itself. Maybe it’s not fully compliant over here in Germany yet?

Edit: just tried gentle wakeup, which switches bulb on at least. Maybe 50% is just to darkend for having the feeling of dimming. That’s what i meant with the firmware it was way more responsive to changes like this back in the days… Google home app at least shows increasing brightness. Didn’t feel like this yesterday, when trying to use gentle sleep.

@alexinc Does the google command “OK google Wake the light” work for yee light https://yeelight.net.au/products/xiaomi-yeelight-smart-led-wifi-tune-able-colour-bulb ?

Yes it’s working for me.

My yeelight app isnt linking with google home…can someone help with that

Thanks. Bought a Yeelight S1 Colour and it’s working well. I like that it starts with an orange colour at 1% and slowly gets lighter to day light colour.

How to put “MI Led Smart Bulb (white and color)” in “white mode” with google assistant ???

Hi, i’m having some trouble putting my lightbulb “MI Led Smart Bulb (white and color)” in complete white with google assistant. Let me explain.

In the app the are two tabs one that says “white” and the other “colors”. If I press white the bulb turns “pure white” in a very bright way (just like a regular lightbulb). In the color tab I can choose any color (including any shade of white, but it doesn’t look like the “white mode” that I mentioned before, it’s much more dim).

If I tell my google assistant to put the lights in color white, it puts them in color white from the palette (the dim one). I’ve tried using diferent methods of saying white, “white” (instead of color white), “pure white”, “bright white”, etc… with no success.

Is there a commando to put the bulb in this “white mode”?

Thanks for reading.

My bulb isn’t responding to Google Home. If I unlink and link sometimes it will work, but not for long. Google will recognize if I change the brightness or turn off/on from Yeelight app, but still won’t take commands from Google.