Challenge 0.3s-Response from Google Speaker, No More Wait to Turn On Yeelight

Seems to work here. My Yeelight Meteorite got faster, nice!

Do you know if we can use this SDK through Google Actions Console to control the lamp(s)? I’m asking this because the Yeelight Developer team removes features instead of adding them (moonlight mode for example). Also I’m not able to only turn on the upper ambilights of the Yeelight Meteorite through Google Home. And when I enabled the ambilights only, through the Yeelight app, my Google Home routine actually has to turn on the lamp before it’s able to turn it off.

I was looking into the API through a NodeJS package (https://github.com/song940/node-yeelight). Made some minor changes to get it working for the Yeelight Meteorite. Currently looking into the possibilities to make my own app for Google Home in order to use my Yeelight as I want to, instead of being limited by the development team. But in order to make this an app would take quit a lot of time. Do you know if the SDK will also enable us to use the lamps as they where intended? Or will we always be limited by the developers after buying the products?

Thanks for your feedback! We will work it out.

Now it’s 100% roll out. Enjoy!!!

2 个赞

Thank you for the effort!
The light is much faster now.

Hi, I have a question regarding the local home SDK.
I have most of the lights set in Singapore Server and linked to Google Assistant.
There is one tunable white light (2nd gen) set in China Mainland server from Mijia home.
I need the PIR sensor to turn on/off the light.
It also can be controlled through Google Assistant, but it seems like it can be set as LAN control. Am I right? Is there any possibility to adjust it?

As long as you enable LAN control, and your bulb was connected same network as Google Home, the Local Home SDK will work.

1 个赞

Presumably this only applies to Yeelight devices. Not Mijia yeelight devices?

And presumably it wont work if I move all my devices to MI Home?

Yep, only Yeelight yet.

so another fail on the mijia front.

I am sorry, MiHome skill is out of our control.

Hi . I am not able to upgrade my firmware for my yeelight bulf from firmware 1.4.1-48 to 1.4.2_0076. It either keeps failing or goes to 99% and is stuck there.
I also have other yeelight bulbs and had updated them earlier and they updated fine but I don’t think it was the initial version. They got updated from the recently updated version to 1.4.2_0076.

Since I cant update I cant change the settings of the bulb as it says I need to update first and than I can many changes. I have 6 more bulbs and I cant do anything with them

If I try the through the android version its stuck at 1% and not moving forward.

I tried resetting it and it did not work.
I tried creating hotspots and it did not work.
I tried using different routers and it did not work.

I am on the Singapore server and my user id 1733078537

need major help please

yep

It dont works on besidelamp2. Actually It stop working in the last update. I used to control via LAN and this option just disappear.

1 个赞

So you guys took the Lan control from Bedside Lamp and now how you can use this and other stuff.

I’m seriously considering sue this company on my country for this.

1 个赞

NO LAN features, no anything.

You’re just “considering”.
Man, I just step out of the comfort zone and complained/sued it to the department for customer in my country here. And now Xiaomi is under an inner investigation. I really do hope they will come up with a solution this time.
I wish, whether they recover this feature,
Or allow us downgrade,
Or at least a decent explanation of this nonsense desición that they’ve made “in their all wisdom”.
Or refund, that if i must.
Like, this is the only one reason that I bought it in the first place, lan control. I see reviews and unbox on YouTube and from my country posts/news said that this thing is featured with music mode, LAN control. No one really mention about the Ambient Light tho, it comes with yeelight toolbox.
I know it is hard to filp over their decision, but for all, when it’s in the end of the day, i can say that i tried.
I still hold my hope to Xiaomi, as they was the one who once allowed their phones got third-party costom AOSP android system firmware. So i haven’t modify anything till today.
But in the worst luck, if ever they refuse to recover, if i really fail for this thread, i will flash the ESPHome for no other way.

I just want the LAN Control back, straight and plainly.
I mean I do negotiate, i do translate. I’m trying my best that I can to bring it back to all of you.

Xiaomi, i am looking good on you. Don’t let me down plz don’t let us down. Plz. :pleading_face:

1 个赞