Yeelight bulbs not working on Alexa, IFTTT & Google Assistant

What I think they’re saying is this…

Yeelight made devices under the MIJIA brand, for Xiaomi. And was able to control them. But due to the new policies, they can’t any more. You have to use MIHOME skills to control them, not YEELIGHT ones.

So nothing changes. You still can use YEELIGHT skills on YEELIGHT brand products.

2 个赞

Dear Yeelighters,

I’ve bought 3 “Yeelight Bulb Color” in May 2019 and I used two of them until this date without any problems.
The last week, I wanted to connect my last Yeelight and I couldn’t find it on Google Home app.

So, I tried to erase my entire Yeelight configuration… and now I can’t add any Yeelight on my network.

My Yeelight account is verified but I return automatically on the previous page.

If I consider this page (https://thirdparty.yeelight.com/page/app/google-home/link.html?VER=20171128), I don’t see the step 6

As seen on this forum, I’ve tried German and Singapore servers but without any success. Do you ever seen this problem yet ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

For your information, all my problems have just disappeared after the configuration of the new app : XIAOMI MIJIA HOME !

I have 2 yeelight strips and up till a few days ago had no problems at all. I have tried to reconfigure and no luck. I also tried the Mi Home app but it will not detect the strip. I can see them in yeelight and it will add them to alexa but when i try to access them it says not responsive. I was originally on the singapore server. I added a new account for usa and i can add them in no problem and alexa will pick it up but cannot access them by voice or through alexa app. Yeelight app can control them no problem. I disabled and re-enabled the skill witht he usa information and that did notwork. I am stumped at this point. Please help if support is reading this.

@deathrock
Hi Rob,
Do you use Yeelight devices or MiHome devices ? Please show me your Xiaomi ID, let me take a look, thanks.

Hi, i used Yeelight app and working good, but i can’t link with Alexa app because there is not Yeelight skill, just Mi Home skill but i can’t link my smartlight with Xiaomi Home app.

My ID is: 1755034020

Thanks
Pd: I have a Yeelight color v2

@luhaobo
Check it out

Same problem for me in Italy. All my 8 Yeelight Bulbs Color V2 stopped working with Alexa yesterday and again today.
I’m on Germany server.
It’s the third time in the last two months that all my lamps stopped working with Alexa.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Had the same problem since the firmware update a few days ago.

How I fixed:

1. Open Yeelight app on your Phone.
  2. Choose the device
  3. Delete it
  4. Add the devices again and set it up
  5. Go to Amazon Alexa App and try if it is responding now.

But I noticed is not so responsive now as before, it got more delay when you say the command to alexa.

I got it fixed. Just had to get mi home app and register in Singapore to see the strip to add.

Hi,

My Yeelight ceiling light started working again when I disabled the skill on alexa and enabled it again.

The problem persist with the Yeelight LED bulb (color). even if I reset the bulb- reconnect to yeelight app- disabled and enabled skill on alexa- alexa can’t discover the device :frowning:

I have 5 lamps and updated the firmware of 4 of them and they stopped working (only one works now)
Tried new account, different servers, reset Google home, lamps , everything, but still no luck. Is it possible to downgrade the firmware of the yeelights?

My Amazon email is: pietropolizzi@icloud.com

My lights are not working with google home as well. Please help

Hey

So i got as Yeelight 1s today and it was really easy to setup.

1 Download the yeelight app
2 Add the bulb as normal.
3 go into google home and at the top next to invite home member should be install yeelights
4 If there is no banner simply add a device as normal and choose the option have something setup already

• icon > set up device > works with google - have something setup already.

and find yeelights in the list
5 login with your yeelights login and the light should show up.

I hope this helps

I got the newest firmware and its working fine

I am also not able to find my ID 5209746618 to Google home. Set up is always successful but nothing shows up. Please help.

I have this same problem, 1 month ago I changed my address and reinstalled everything, but I could no longer connect the lights with Google Home, I stay in the step of adding the lights to the assistant and I do not give either back or forward