Cant add lightstrip plus to homekit

We must hope that the firmware update will be soon @kaparmar… People are also solving it on Reddit, and there is no solution yet…

@kaparmar, In my case it was that the strip purchased in Xiaomi Store in the Czech Republic EU version work with Apple HomeKit, the strip from AliExpress, global version, I have a strip with an EU plug I can not pair with Apple HomeKit, while both have the same firmware update…

Thank you very much for the response. Yes, let’s hope there will be an update soon!

I have now written an email for support, so I will see what they write off… When they write me off, I’ll copy the answer…

I wrote them an email too and they just asked for some details like firmware version, when I bought the lights, server I am using, etc

I’ll let you know what they say

1 个赞

I was told this:

Hi,

Since it is a new problem that we have never encountered before, our engineers need time to find the cause of the problem.

We are temporarily unable to determine the specific repair time, sorry for the inconvenience.

1 个赞

Hi @Lopes94 so at least we really hope that it solves the problem, otherwise I put a link to Reddit here, one user wrote me there that this problem has been solved for two years, the way you wrote the email, you get it did he ever write now?

I received an email from support today, so I’m attaching it here…

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience.
It seems like a setup code problem, our engineers are working on it, please allow us sometime to fix this issue.

Best Regards, Yeelight support.

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience, this issue has been fixed today, please try to connect it again.

1 个赞

Setup code issue is fixed, although when setting up the Home app says “Accessory could not be found” after a long period of trying to connect.

*Edit: my bad, works perfectly, thank you

1 个赞

No, unfortunately, I haven’t found a solution, nor have I found anyone who has :slightly_frowning_face:

Edit: My bad, it works now! Thanks! :smiley: :smiley:

Yeey! It works for me as well! Thank you everyone!
It is necessary to remove the lightstrip and add it again through the Mi Home or Yeelight application and then add the LED strips to the HomeKit.

1 个赞

For me, not even this was necessary, it just suddenly worked. But I’m very happy this worked for you! :slight_smile:

Does it work on Mi Home? Not working for me still. Trying to add it on the Yeelight app. Mainland China server, firmware version: 2.0.6_0073

I could get all my xioami and yeelights to work with MI home, homekit and Alexa.

1. open mi home app and switch to Chinese server
  2. add all your bulbs, strips, lamps in MI Home
  3. open yeelight app, and also switch to Chinese server
  4. You should see the devices from mi home already present on yeelight app
  5. from yeelight you add them to iOS homekit
  6. install the xiaomi skill in your Alexa.

I am still having this problem. Latest firmware, both Yeelight and Mi Home servers are set to China Mainland, still get the camera/code request when trying to add to HomeKit. Have tried everything.

any updates? randomly I can add one bubble for eg, strip won’t work and asking about code… ;/ i tried all suggestions

update, ok my all led strip controller had a barcode (thanks to god, cause I trashed all my cartons) with the passcode to home kit witching works great, everything needed to add one by one

This is so frustrating. I have updated my firmware and tried all the solutions.

Looks like I was able to solve the issue.
In my case the problem was in 2 apps on the phone at the same time(yeelight and mi home)

1. delete yeelight app
  2. delete the strip from mi home
  3. connect the strip to mi home
  4. connect the strip to HomeKit

I solved the problem by buying Mi Home Hub. I connected it to Appple Home and then Lightstrip Plus went to connect to Apple Home :slight_smile: