Not sure it’s right place to post or even if the yeelight team will be ok with it but I havn’t found an answer elsewhere so far.
My goal is to stop using the official app and control everything locally (which is, I assume, what the Lan Mode is for so it shouldn’t be a non regular usage)
I’m experiencing something really strange with a yeelight color bulb (newest ones).
I have set up two bulbs through yeelight app, they appear in the yeelight app and mi home. Then I integrated them in Home Assistant.
I removed them from both apps (I prefer them to be HA only). One of them works perfectly (let’s call it A) through HA only.
The other one (B) disconnects from my router within 2 minutes after removal from the app and of course, becomes un reachable from HA.
- setting them up with static ip > A still works as it did, same behaviour for B, only get recognized in HA and connected when added in the yeelight/mi home app
- removing the mi-home app and using only yeelight > no changes
- resetting B multiples times
- getting B it very close from my router
- a different component structure in the conf.yaml just in case but both worked the same. (I suspect HA is not the problem though, since it disconnects from the router.
my config setup if it helps:
discovery: ignore: - yeelight light: - platforme: yeelight devices: 192.168.1.55: name: B transition: 1000 192.168.1.56: name: A transition: 1000
And yes, I’ve enabled the Lan mode.
Any idea on why it works in one case and not the other? They are exacly the same bulb…
Thanks in advance.