MiHome and Yeelighs on EU server?

Hello team. Is there any possibility to connect yeelighs below to MiHome EU server? Can I help you somehow?

• 2x Yeelight YLXD05YL 480
  • 1x Yeelight YLXD01YL 320
  • 2x Yeelight YLDP06YL E27

I’d like to do it because I must use my Roborock on EU server because I am from Czech Republic.

Hi,
All of the above products support connecting to European servers in Mi home app.

Hello. Would you please tell me how? By automatic seach it will find lights on CN server only, when I choose EU server and lamps are in connecting mode, MiHome APP don’t see them and it is also not in supported devices. Phone screenshots attached.

PS: CN=Mainland China, EU=Czech republic, more devices on screenshot is CN server, less is EU server

Hi,
Sorry for the mistake.
These products only support connecting to Germany servers in Yeelight app.

So any way to connect lights to some EU server in MiHome app? Any workaround?

Hello, i’ve been reading about yeelight bulbs here. I have a question that may suits in this post. I’ve bought 2 YLDP06YL and a switch dimmer, that are being shipped now. As I’ve been reading, I can throw the dimmer away because it does not work with the bulbs. So my question is, is there any way to have a physical swtich for the bulbs (I don’t want to use the app or Google every time)? For example, if I buy the xiaomi gateway and the wireless switch, will them work with the bulbs?

Thank you in advance.

1 个赞

Dimmer doesn’t work with bulbs. You can use Aqara wireless switches for bulbs. Ofcourse, you then need the gateway.

So, if I purchase these devices,

Gateway:
banggood.co m/Original-Xiaomi-Upgrade-Smart-Home-WiFi-Remote-Control-Multi-functional-Gateway-p-1047282.html?cur_warehouse=CN

Switches:
banggood.co m/Original-Xiaomi-Smart-Wireless-Switch-p-1045081.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

banggood.co m/Original-Xiaomi-Mijia-Smart-Home-Zig-bee-Wireless-Smart-Switch-Touch-Button-ON-OFF-WiFi-Remote-Control-Switch-p-1049175.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

will it work properly? Will it be full compatible? What’s the difference between the two swtiches? The app in wich I have to configure them?

Sorry for all the questions, I dont want to throw away money again… :sweat_smile:

The switches are virtualy the same IMHO. I have like 3 of those, but I’d recomend Aqara… they have better feeling when pressed. With round switches I get hit and miss functionality, sometimes it is not triggered, then double click is interpreted as single, ane normal press is interpreted as long, etc. Even though round switches support double click and long click, this doesn’t work very well.

You can get gateway cheaper on Ali:

Aqara switch:

Hi All, and now get back to my question :smiley:

So any way to connect lights to some EU server in MiHome app? Any workaround?

Hi sir,
Currently, there is no way to connect your light to Czech republic server in Mi home app.
You can try to use Yeelight app or change your server to the China server.

Why is that happened? What crazy mind made the yeelights unavailable for EU server? I wanted to close the china server connection but not possible to go for EU? Why? Without the lights my BT thermometers also cant work.

As has been said so many times - Xiaomi has 2 device groups, china and international. And you can’t mix them. China devices are region locked to China server, international devices are region locked to other servers. Yeelight uses same servers. Yeelight devices are NOT region locked, but servers are. So if you use Yeelight app, it will work on any server, but if you use Xiaomi servers you have to be in correct region. Buy either all Chinese devices and use China server or all International devices and use local server.

1 个赞

I have the same question. Yeelight is now selling officially in Portugal this lights but still no European server support. Before I understood the reason, but now that u are selling it officially in Europe there is no reason for not supporting mi home europe server.

Did you buy it in Portugal??? Then it should support Europian server…

I didn’t, but even if I had to. It doesn’t appear in mi home European server device list as show the screenshots shared by @ice22222

I have YLXD05YL 480, YLXD01YL 320, JIAOYUE 650 (probably CN warehouse) bought in 2017 and 2018. Maybe we could get the global firmware push?

YLXD12YL it is even sold on Portuguese Xiaomi website. Yeelight, if u sell it officially in Europe please make them available in Europe server.

I bought 5x Yeelight YLXD01YL and 1x YLDL01YL from a site in Germany but I can’t add them to MiHome on EUR server.
What a shame. It’s a really bad experience from a customer perspective. I can’t add automatizations with motion sensors.

Hi everybody. Glad to hear that I am not only one with the problem.

So what i did with all my devices?

• Xiaomi gw2 (CN version) with all sensors
    — left on CN server in mihome app on email1
    — problem is that I can’t connect them to Google home anyway
  • all yeelight devices
    — on eu server in yeelight app on email2
    — connected to Google home by yeelight account
  • roborock s5max
    — connected in roborock app on email2
    — connected to Google Home by Roborock account
    -all PoerSmart thermostatic ventiles
    — connected to poer app
    — connected to Google home by poer account

Problems/solutions

• Xiaomi do not reflect about smart home compatibility adding for eu servers, just new products
  • problem to automatize: Just only possiblity are Routines in Google home (phone must be switched to EN to see routines option. I did not see them when I had phone in Czech language)
  • what about sensors that has been left on CN server? I just set automation in mihome to send notification to phone for some, rest are just informative when I like to check them
  • if I knew that before, i would buy aqara version to set all with google home. Aqara account could be added into Google Home (if I am right) so automatize should be possible at Google Home.
  • tip: have a friend who builds smart home on Tuya staff and I think Tuya i possible to add in to Google Home so maybe also possible solution. They have a lot staff to buy