Yeelight with physical wall switch

I’m wondering if I buy Aqara Gateway, with Wall Switch if its able to control Yeelight Led Bulb (Color) without losing internet connection? For ex. I turn on with app, turn off with switch and again turn on with app. I also have setuped HomeBridge

0 Likes

You mean Yeelight wall switch? You don’t need gateway for that. It works as a bluetooth remote, but only for ceiling lamps, not bulbs (they don’t have bluetooth). You can use Aqara wireless switch to control the bulb - and for that you need the gateway. But then you’d have old physical switch as well (you can remove it as I did)

0 Likes

but there’s no way to replace physical wall switch that goes to electricity? But idk with some standby mode that controls through wifi? Just that sticky wireless switch?

0 Likes

Hmmm, for just the bulb no… They tried to make that with Yeelight switch and screwed majestically. Their switch works only via bluetooth (BLE)… I have removed the standard switches, put the “caps” in their place and Aqara wireless switches nex to those caps…

There is Aqara wall swicth but that is for non-smart lights… (you control switch via Zigbee)

0 Likes

Nice two, but again only for ceiling lamps.

0 Likes