Yeelight smart bulb - can't connect/show in Yeelight app/Xiaomi app

Hello,

I have recently bought YEELIGHT 10W RGB E27 Smart Light Bulb and I can’t get it to work. Bulb’s wifi is visible in WIFI settings and I can connect to it. In Yeelight app, I connect to this wifi network, then connection is either stuck at 25% or it immediately shows me message: “Please check your device and enter the correct info”. I have also tried in Mi Home app, I am able to connect to the bulb, can select room and bulb’s name, but then… it is not visible in main menu or under any rooms. I have tried several times both connections. Please let me know if I can get it to work somehow. I am using iOS phone and my wifi is configured as WPA2. Thanks in advance!

1、The bulb can only work with a router using WPA / WPA 2 encryption method with a password, 2.4Ghz. 2、Please make sure if the bulb connected to your router when the connection failed.
3、If connected, please try changing DNS to 8.8.8.8.

Hi, router is working on WPA2, 2.4 Ghz. What do you mean by checking if bulb is connected to router? Where should I check it? Also, where to change DNS? On the router?

Thanks in advance!

Login administration page from your PC, check DHCP list to see if there’s new device connected. And you can also find DNS settings from the page, try changing to 8.8.8.8.

I made it work via xiaomi app. The only thing I did is that I changed server to mainland china… It is still not working via Yeelight app. Immediately disconnects on connection process. I also checked on routers devices list and bulb is there, connected. Anything I can do to make it work on yeelight app? Not very convenient to use it on mainland china server…

Any help with Yeelight app? Pics attached