Ideas for Yeelight 3 - Yeelight staff, can you read this post please ? :)

Hello,

congratulations with the release of Yeelight Beta 3.

I have a few ideas that you might like and that I’m sure will make the app even better !

1/ Being able to adjust the length of a sequence in the new Customization mode.
It would be very handy to be able to change the total time and the app could adjust each frame to reflect the change.

Let’s say I have 4 frames and each one lasts 1 second.
In total, my sequence lasts 4 seconds.

Let’s say I want it to last 8 seconds instead of 4. Instead of having to edit 4 frames, I could simply change the total time to 8 and the App would change each frame to 2 seconds.

2a/ When we preview the customization, it would be practical to see on the phone at what step we currently are and which color.
I have in mind something similar to video or sound editing software, where we have a cursor advancing through the different phases and showing the current frame result.

2b/ When we preview the scene, can we speed up (or down) the scene to have a quick look at the result ? (like x2, x4, x8, x16, x32).

3/ Can you add a simple way to cycle through all colors starting to red and finishing to red and starting again ?
It would go shift through all of them gradually and would allow a smooth transition between each color.
Currently, if we want to do this rainbow effect, we have to add a frame for each color.

4/ can we draw a map of our home and position manually our icons of our lights ?
It would be very convenient to have a quick view from above and see what is on/off and which light is were and which color it is currently displaying.

5/ Can you allow to export/import/share customized scenes ?
It would help the users to share good scenes.

6/ Can we download more customized scenes from Internet ? Yeelight could add new scenes, and users could download them and try them.

7/ can we see and edit the detail of each pre-loaded scenes ? For instance the “Sunrise” scene. I would like to see how long it takes and from which color it starts and it ends.
I would like to change the color and the timing.

I could also start from scratch, but it would be convenient to start from a template that we like and slightly adjust it if needed.

8/ You already allow to use the camera to point at objects and capture the color from the camera.
Could you use the same method to allow us to record a scene and create customization without effort ?

For instance, I would like to reproduce a fireplace effect. It is very hard to find the correct color/brightness/timing when we have to do it frame by frame.
But if we could simply point at a real fireplace (or at a video) and “record” the result, it would be very easy to create a lot of complicated and long customized scenes.

9/ Please allow us to see RGB values and light temperature in every modes.

10/ About the interface, I’m missing the colored icons from the previous app. Now all icons are white and look the same, no matter which color it is currently showing.
Before, if the light was showing a blue color, then the icon was also blue.

11/ There is a lot of space lost in the device view. I would rather have the choice to see all my lights displayed as a grid, and be able to select the number of cases in the grid (2x4, 3x4, 4x4, or any (reasonable) number we like)
Each case of the grid would show the state of the light, its name and its color.

12/ In the customization screen, when we chose a color, the color preview is a small dot in the upper right corner, it is very hard to see which color we chose. It would be better to have a bigger circle or square that shows the selected color.

13/ I find it harder to turn a light on/off or to enter the light details. It seems the UI thinks I’m trying to slide left or right whereas I’m trying to simply press on the icon.

Thank you for your help and keep up the good work !
I have 12 RGB bulbs and 3 light strips and I love it ! :wink:

2 个赞

+1 for number 13… it is driving me crazy. i have to carefully press it in order to make it work and not move

I have difficulties with the selection of colours that are near the edge of the screen (specially the red ones), the selection circle is too big and imprecise.

i would like to ask more features for the home widgets. at the moment there is only one which acts as a list (and i think it doesn’t show groups and it also doesn’t allow me to choose which lights i want in that list).
i know that it allows me to do it with the 1x1 widget but the icon doesn’t show me if the light is on or off…

the same thing happens with mi home app. i don’t understand why they don’t believe in user-friendly widgets. i want to be able to create 1x1 widget and set-up a specific light OR group light in order to turn it on or off.

Widgets is the main thing I think needs to be worrked on. The ability to adjust brightness, colours etc would be ideal.

Unless I’m blind there currently is no way to change what appears on the wdiget or how they perform? currently only have switch, sleep timer, reading and home but I cannot see anyway to customise what these do or adding different options to this. Mi Home has slightly more control over the widget but is still not great

it does?
i find mi home almost useless on the widget things. i can’t add a simple widget to just turn on or off a bulb with the mi home.
i have to create a “shortcut widget” which i have to press… wait for the app to load and then turn on the bulb. am i doing something wrong? same goes for their smart plug.

I thought the dev were checking this forum. Am I wrong ?

They are checking this forum. It’s some kind of holiday this week in China https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Week_(China) so they probably have this week off.

Thanks for your feedback, we will consider your advice.

Thank you for your answer.

Any chance you comment each point and tell me what you think for each of them ?
Do you need any detail about any of these points ?

Thank you :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

Love this idea (no.#5,6,7)
and wish there are available in the next app update :grin:
especially for export/import setting,scene,schedule etc. so, don’t need to start all over again if need to re-install app, reset yeelight. thanks.

5/ Can you allow to export/import/share customized scenes ?
It would help the users to share good scenes.

6/ Can we download more customized scenes from Internet ? Yeelight could add new scenes, and users could download them and try them.

7/ can we see and edit the detail of each pre-loaded scenes ? For instance the “Sunrise” scene. I would like to see how long it takes and from which color it starts and it ends.
I would like to change the color and the timing.