Collecting Echo & IFTTT feedback

Thanks weiwei!

Much appreciated

I can see all 3 of my white bulbs in scene mode and nothing else. Nothing there to set on/off. Am i the only 1 here that cannot set anything? I am using ios yeelight app.

1 个赞

Nevermind. I found the answer. The scene will save its current state went i click save.

Do all Yeelights work with IFTTT? I wonder if the Lamp (version 1 and 2), the bedside lamp and the strip led will work.

All Yeelight WiFi devices work with IFTTT while bluetooth device doesn’t.

I have a RGB Bulb connected to both IFTTT and Echo and they’re functioning great. However, how do I trigger via Echo a scene that I’ve set in the app? I’ve tried “alexa turn on [scene name]” but the response is “please try again with device name and setting”

After you create the scene, did you re-run device discovery? The scene should be appeared in your device list with description “Scene connected via Yeelight”.

OK, everything is now functioning after re-running device discovery. Thanks

Hello,
I have a Yeelight Strip working right now with Amazon Alexa. I am in Germany and it works quite quick for turning on and off. And also have IFTTT working for turning on Yeelight when my Alarm rings. And I have managed to get my Bedside Lamp working with Alexa with IFTTT and Tasker.

But one question I have, why is it not possible to control color over alexa? It works with IFTTT with the scenes. But every time I try with Alexa the same thing it will recognise the command (says “okay”) but will turn off the light or just don’t do anything. I deleted my Light Strip from Alexa App and connected it again, but still nothing.

Some other post suggested, that the scenes can be viewed in Alexa App? I cannot find it. In Smart Home part there is the Yeelight skill and the lightstrip, but nothing more. Some Place else where to look?

Did you create the scene successfully in Yeelight app? You can double check it by apply it directly in Yeelight app.
Then run device discovery in Echo, you should be able to see that scene in device list.

BTW, Echo didn’t provide a interface for color/color temperature control.

1 个赞

Thank you for explaining. I understand now. If Echo would support that it wouldn’t be a problem right?

And I got the scene management to work now. Thanks. Just noticed there were 2 different options and both called scenes. I just choose the wrong one. Thank you.

I really looking forward to get the right Lamp for my White Yeelight Bulb now.

Hi,

I have 2 Yeelight smart strip lights and I cannot get Alexa to recognise them. I am connected to the Singapore server and have tried disconnecting the skill and reconnecting a few times to no avail. The skill shows up in the Alexa app. I live in the UK with a UK echo dot. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Martin

Hi martchalm

I think u have to wait like me for the Release.
U can try to delete the skill and reenter it but its not sure that will Work.

For me adding the bulb and Smart Strip it worked with Alexa, after I fully deactivated the skill and then searching for around 5-10 times. Maybe that can work for you too? I did that with a german account, so it should not be a only US thing.

I have one other problem now, when I added my bulb. I want to trigger Sunset Scene with Alexa, since that isn’t possible I tried with IFTTT.

But there I can only select 1 light at one time. Why can I not use groups of lights? I have some specified in Yeelight App, since I cannot do that in IFTTT. Can you make it possible to select the groups of lights with yeelight for IFTTT?
I use grouping of lights all the time for the alexa skill, but that is something I can specify in the App directly. That works just fine.

we are working on advanced scene management which can let you trigger sunset/sunrise on multiple bulbs at the same time.

Hi I’ve just set up a yeelight colour running fine using the iOS app but struggling to connect using my echo. Used Singapore server, enabled yeelight skill in alexa but can’t find the device. I’ve tried disabling the skill and reinstalling from the email link plus running discovery numerous times. Finally tried setting English US in alexa language settings, resetting bulb and reinstalling all again. I’ve had no luck. Any help appreciated. I’m in the UK with a UK amazon account. Thanks

UK Amazon has some issues during device discovery, please wait for our official release and it shall be fixed.
Yeelight skill and device is being certified by 3rd party agent and encountered some compatibility issue, we are working on that.

I’m really impressed by the professionalism and transparency that you, as a represetant of Yeelight, have shown in this forum. It’s a rare to see a company behave in such an open and direct approach. And it’s really cool to see the product develop and evolve right in front of us.

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

2 个赞

Hey WeiWei!

First I wanted to say thank you to the team for the good work. I’m really impressed that you are working on this skill already. I would really love to control all my Yeelights with Alexa.

I got the beta test invite today. The IFTT connection works like a charm. So I can trigger the lights over IFTT with no problem.

But I have problem with the “direct” connection of Alexa and the YeeLight Bulbs. I can’t discover any device on alexa.amazon.de. There where no devices found. My YeeLight Bulb (Color) is connected to the Singapore servers. Where’s the problem here?

I’m based in Austria. So I use the German Amazon (Amazon.de).

1 个赞