Collecting Echo & IFTTT feedback

Something to add… It takes about 3 attempts each time to link my Yeelink account to Alexa. Each time it says an error occurred and to try again, then after a few attempts it says it is connected and the skill shows in the alexa app.

Do you own a Yeelight Bedside lamp (the bluetooth device) or any of your device’s name contain a special character?

Device name has a space in it if that counts? I also own the bedside lamp as well as the colour bulb.

Could you try again? I have just updated the code and filtered out the name/model that will cause Alexa to drop the discoering response.

Very odd. Still the same. Just in case, I renamed the lightbulb so it did not have any numbers or other spaces/characters/capital letters in it and tried again. After clicking the URL to add the skill, it took about 5 attempts to enable Yeelink to my Echo account. It still does not find any devices. The bulb is in developer mode (as per the switch on the Yeelight app).

It’s really strange!!! Do you have a Wechat or any instant messaging tool? We could do some live debugging if possible.

sure we can use wechat. will PM you my username.

Today I managed to connect my US version (110 V) of the white (non-RGB) Yeelight bulb to IFTTT and used the service to successfully turn on/off the bulb via an Alexa trigger. I was interested in testing the “Wake up gently by using Yeelight sunrise” service but have run into an issue. It appears this service may only support RGB bulbs and not the white bulb that I have. Is there any reason for this? I’m really in just interested in controlling the “brightness” of the white bulb so that it slowly becomes brighter over the 15 minute interval. Could this service be enhanced to also support the white bulbs? Trying to configure it with my white bulb produces an error because I believe the “Which lights” option always indicates “Options Unavailable”.

Could the omission of white bulb support be fixed for this IFTTT service?

Thanks . . .

Glenn

We are working on that, please stay tuned.

Thanks :slight_smile: I managed to control my yeelight bulbs with my amazon echo. so far so good :slight_smile:

Hi there

I am trying to connect my Yeelight RGBW bulb yt omy Echo (IFTTT works no problem).

I have the link to connect the Yeelight Skill to the amazon echo and it now appears in my Amazon Echo menu. However, when I try to discover devices, nothing is found.

I have confirmed I am connected to the Singapore servers, unpaired and re-paired the device, disabled and re-enabled the Yeelight skill in my amazon echo account, all to no avail.

The MiAccount ID for me is 1660416203

Any help appreciated.

Dave

Hi Dave,

If you can find the bulb in IFTTT, that means it’s connected to Singapore server successfully.
Regarding discovering issue in Echo, some UK users and Germany users do have trouble in finding their devices. We did some debug and found it’s related to their Amazon account and I believe if the skill is published, the issue would be gone.
You may try to disable and enable the skill several times and see if you can find your device.

-Wilson

Hi there,

since yesterday triing to get alexa working with my 2 yeelight bulbs white but it dont work. Yeelight Skill is still there but no device would be found. Both Yeelights are in Singapure.
I have confirmed I am connected to the Singapore servers, unpaired and re-paired the device, disabled and re-enabled the Yeelight skill in my amazon echo account, all that and more dont work either.

My MIAcc ID: 1606307885

Would be nice to get things worked well before real start is :slight_smile:

Stefan

Hi Stefan,

Are you using UK or Germany Amazon account? There are some known issues for UK or Germany users and I haven’t figured out. The discovery request is never reach to our service, so there is no way to debug. Our skill certification will be done soon after the new year and should be published very soon, so please have some patience!

You can also try to disable and re-enable the skill several times to see if your issue could be solved.

Thanks,
Wilson

1 个赞

Hi weiwei,

im using the German Version with an German Account. I tried to disable and re-enable the skill many times.
Then i have to wait for the release version maybe without this error.
I changed the Language from German to UK and US too but this dont work either.

Greetings

Stefan

Maybe i know why it not work.

Step by Step:

First login to alexa.
Second use link from email and log in. error occured: Site alexa.amazon.com/api/skills/redirect-to-skill-authorization-uri not found. the uri auth was not send.
If i try again i land on the xiaomi account login page… Can login and become the feedback Alexa app is authorized.
And THAT is the Problem. Have the same issue with Spotify in Alexa. If u try to get Spotify worked out of settings it wont work. If you try to get Spotify work out of the Menu Media and Music all work fine. Its an Amazon Echo problem not yours. So i have to wait for release candidate :frowning:

Chears

Stefan

Here the Link i get with error:

Can you offer a time-line when support of the white bulb will properly be supported in IFTTT? I’m very interested in utilizing the “Wake up gently” feature.

Thanks,

Glenn

Hi Stefan,

It is not the language issue, but because you are using an Amazon Germany account. I have a UK account and it could not find the devices. I then used my US Amazon account with the skill (deregistered and registered in the other country) and it could find the devices through settings via the web interface. However, it defaulted back to my UK Amazon account and could not find it again. We need to wait until the official release and not beta for non USA based Amazon accounts.

1 个赞

Should be available after two weeks, we need to contact IFTTT team to add that support.

Hey weiwei,

the last suggestion worked for me right now! I disconnected and reconnected the skill and searched for devices, and now I can see my lamp in the Alexa Smart Home settings!! I did this only 1 time. Great! BTW I am from Germany.

But if I want to activate I HAVE to say the full name. I named it in the Yeelight App “Tischlampe” and I have to say “Tischlampe Yeelight Smart LED” as its full name to turn it on. Maybe there are some naming issues through the skill, because it is totally inconvenient to spell that long name.

I have created a group to bypass this issue.

Thanks,
Jan