Can't connect to wifi (but router says its connected)

Hello, just purchased the YEELIGHT YLDD01YL LED Strip Smart Light and I’m having problems connecting to my wifi.

I’ve done just about everything the internet suggests. My router is 2.4 ghz and when I go into the “connect devices” tab I see the Yeelight is connected but the app gets stuck at 25% and then says it failed.

I’ve reset and tried again various times using the factory reset method. I even tried to switch between both mainland china and singapore servers to no avail.

I’ve also attempted to change my router’s DNS address to 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 as suggested by another thread, but still nothing. I’m using an iphone 6 to use the app, in case that helps.

Any other suggestions?

Could I have your Mi ID?

Any update? We did some research from the connection log with your Mi account, we found that when the cloud try to bind the device to you account, the cloud didn’t get the device from your application. However, from the log, the device was finally found after for a while, but at that time it can not be bound to your ID. So maybe there’s something stuck with network.

If you still has the issue, please use another phone as hotspot and set the ssid and password exactly the same as your router. Then connect your bulb through this hotspot. After the connection, you can disable your hotspot and the bulb will connect to your router.

Thanks!

I resolved the issue. I was previously using a phone account so I decided to try and sign up with an email address instead.

After I did that, I renewed the connection with the Singapore server and reset my wifi router and it worked.

I don’t think that has anything to do with the account changing.

Please double check if you have made any Wireless configuration change on your router.

I am having this same issue. Please provide some assistance to solve the problem.

Please use another phone as hotspot and set the ssid and password exactly the same as your router. Then connect your bulb through this hotspot. After the connection, you can disable your hotspot and the bulb will connect to your router.

I did it but actually still not working.

Could you find the bulb in router’s client list? Can you ping it and check if it’s reachable. If it’s ok, please try to ping “ot.io.mi.com” and see if the cloud sever is reachable.

@Trueno The color bulb only supports 220v if you bought it from GearBest.

Some pages says that it can work with 110v, and a friend that lives near to me has one, and works with the same voltage. I’m going crazy.

Where did you buy it? GearBest or Amazon?
If you bought from GearBest, it’s 220v version.
The color bulb CAN NOT WORK with 220v, the white bulb can, but with a performance degrade.

Ok thank you, give up.

Hello to everyone, i would have a problem with the yeelight led strips: i can not reset it! The controller LED blinks only blue and I can not associate it with the tablet / smartphone. Can someone help me? I also have the color bulb and with this I got it right away

Hello, what you mean that you can not reset led stripe? You need unplug power adapter, press switch button in controller and at the same same plug in the power adapter for 5 seconds. If the indicator LED turns yellow after you release the button, it means reset successfully.