Call for beta users for IFTTT and Echo

Bedside lamp is a bluetooth device and can’t be integrated with IFTTT or Echo. Sorry for that.

With Echo it should possible cause Echo hast integrated Bluetooth

Echo integration is through server to server, just like IFTTT. The bluetooth of Echo is not opened for other device vendors to use.

I managed to quite easily install and set up my Yeelight color and white to work with Alexa directly, but I cannot change color. I am using the android app and set up a new scene which is identified as a new device by Alexa. Saying “Alexa turn on + scene name” seems to be understood by Alexa (she replies with an OK) but it doesn’t actually do anything…

I believe the issue is with the scene creation, as I cannot set a scene where the bulb settings are saved to the hue and status that I selected.

How about you click and apply the scene through your App? If that works, it should be working with Alexa.

Clicking apply, just turns the bulb off at best but mostly does nothing.

You may misunderstood the scene management. The scene is the snapshot of all your selelcted bulbs’ current status. Could you try again? We will make this more intuitive and staightforward in next app release.

Got it! It now works as expected, even though setting up a scene is a little off sometimes!
I am sure that by the next update everything will be smooth.

will your echo skill work on localization like german? or is it US/UK only? whats about community based translation help?

Yes, it’s working in all three locations (US, UK, Germany), we really appreciate if someone from Germany can hep us translate the description and other statements of Yeelight skill.

1 个赞

Send me your strings.

How’s the reviewing process of yeelight and alexa doing? any updates?

Still waiting … A long and complex process.

Help,

Gte the the link, Enter my user&pass to amazone, Enter the unit&pass for yellight and Approval permissions.

Get error

An error occurred attempting to link Alexa with extenal provider

**Try now work… need to test it at Home.
Big Thanks!

Try again please, if it’s still not working, kill Alexa app and retry. We have seen this issue before and haven’t found the root cause.

How can I get the alexa yeelight beta please I am in uk

Hi,

How did you get it working?
Getting the same error message. “An error occurred attempting to link Alexa with extenal provider”
Also tried to stop/start the Alexa app as well, no luck…

I can translate it into German if you want. :slight_smile:

Already done by the community! Thank you for offering kindly help!

So there will be a easier way to control the color in the future (without scenes?)