Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 Offline and Ambilight issues

Dear Yeelight support, I have 2 issues with 2 Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 lamps.

Model: Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 Surrounding Ambient Lighting LED Ceiling Light
Firmware Version: 1.48_29
Server used: Singapore
MI ID: 1744792246

Problem 1: Ambilight will not be switched on after lamp powered off. This will happen ONLY if the Yeelight is in moon/night mode. If the lamp is in normal mode and I powered off the lamp using app or remote, when I switch on back, both Ambilight and Lamp will correctly powered on. With moon/night mode I have to manually switch on ambiligth via the app.

Problem 2: If I use the wall switch, the lamp will goes offline and there’s no way to bring back online unless I reset it and search/add it again via the app. I checked my router, and the lamp is correctly connected (I can ping also its ip address). This is very annoying.

Please help,
Lucas

Hi Lucas,

About problem 1, ambilight will not be switched on after lamp powered off under “Moon mode”, this is made by design. Cause the brightness is very low in moon light, we don’t want turn on ambilight in Moon mode.

About problem 2, we have fixed offline issue under some circumstances. I have added you to the firmware white list, please update to the latest version (1.5.5_0038, will be available tomorrow).

Thanks,
Andy

Thank you for fast reply and white list for my ID.
For problem 2, I’ll wait for firmware update, currently I don’t receive any notification. Updating firmware to 1.5.x solved the offline issue on my other Yeelight lamp (Yeelight JIAOYUE 480), so I believe (hoping) it will be solved also for 650.
For problem 1 (ambilight) this is weird. I believe many people love watch TV using only Ambilight. So, is there any workaround for that? I also use google home in combination with Yeelight app scene, also tried with favorites, but no way. My goal is simple, using moon+ambilight to watch TV and Sun+Ambilight in other cases. The only workaround I can see is keep alsways on the ambilight.
Please advise if there’s another way. Thank you.

Good point. Yeelight team listen to him.

I use ambilight most of the time, main light - very rare. So please fix that!

About problem 1, we will take consider about it. Thanks for your feedback.

Ok thank you, I hope it will be fixed soon. In the mean time I’ll keep ambilight always on. Do you know which is the power consumption for ambilight only?

Again, thank you also for whitelist my ID for new firmware. I updated right now to version 1.5.5_0038 and offline issue seems gone.

Hi, can you send me the new firmware that solves the offline problem to the yeelight 650 lamp? i´m going to receive it today after waiting for 3 months (bought on gearbest)

The new firmware is to be released within one week since now. But if you want it earlier, please PM with your MI id. And check for firmware updates once it has network access.

Hi,

I am also looking forward a solution to the ambilight issue.

i have same problem

Ambilight will not be switched on after lamp powered off. This will happen ONLY if the Yeelight is in moon/night mode. If the lamp is in normal mode and I powered off the lamp using app or remote, when I switch on back, both Ambilight and Lamp will correctly powered on. With moon/night mode I have to manually switch on ambiligth via the app.

did you have solution for this problem ?
i am a buyer and i need this option

Still no solution for now, even with the latest firmware. As explained by Yeelight team, this is, unfortunately, by desing.

this is bug of Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 fireware.
because there is a sync button inside the app (it is on) sync amibilight and main light.
after shut down Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 in the moon mode (in the evening).
i press wall switch in the morning and Yeelight JIAOYUE 650 power on in the sun mode (default),
but ambilight don’t work (and means sync button don’t work)

Reported by Yeelight team:

BTW, I agree, this feature should be added to setting to leave customers to choose their own mode.

they don’t want :slight_smile:
but i want and my opinion more important
because i pay my money for this item (i am buyer )!!!
in the future i will not buy xiaomi Yeelight products anymore if they don’t fix this bug.
i have a lot of subscriber on my youtube chanell, and i will make review of this lamp.

Everything is a little friendlier :frowning:
how should it work in their opinion?
If you turn off the wall switch, there is no more power so you can not reach the lamp anymore.
If you only want Ambilight you turn off the main and just Ambilight where is the problem?

1 个赞

Incidentally, you can also use the remote control to control the colors of the lamp
commands:
:sunny: + ON = Ambiligt On

:sunny: + OFF = Ambiligt Off

:sunny: Press and hold = change color

:m: Press and hold = colors change continuously

:heavy_plus_sign: Press and hold = set Ambilight lighter

:heavy_minus_sign: Press and hold = make Ambilight darker

1 个赞

first of all this commands don’t work on the remote control:
:sunny: + ON = Ambiligt On

:sunny: + OFF = Ambiligt Off

second:
if you turn off the lamp in the moon mode (via remote control)
and then turn on again.
lamp will be started without ambilight (and you can’t turn on it via remote control at all)

especially these commands do not work on the remote:
: sunny: + ON = Ambiligt On

: sunny: + OFF = Ambiligt Off

With me these commands go.
: sunny: keep it pressed and then press ON push again.

Any updates?