Yeelight Application Shows Wrong Lamp Status

After I login to my Mi account the lamp shows up in my devices. But I have switched so much between the two apps I no longer remember which app I used the very first time. Maybe you need to first register the lamp with MiHome and then add it to Yeelight app. And make sure you use the same locale to both apps.

My two lamps were firstly available from US server in MiHome app. But they just were visible, I wasn’t able to do anything with it. As I’m using Singapore server in Yeelight app I switched to Singapore server in MiHome app and the lamps have disappeared. Now the are not showing on all servers in MiHome, even on US server.

@weiwei could you please assist on how to add the bulbs in MiHome app if they are already added in Yeelight app? The account servers are the same - Singapore. Thanks!

If you can see your device in Yeelight app, firstly please confirm which server are you using in “settings” page of the App.
Then please logout your MiHome app and login again, when you login, do select the same server. Then you should be able to see the device in MiHome too.

@weiwei did exactly that several times, no luck, the list of devices in MiHome app is empty. I’m using Singapore server in Yeelight app (and in MiHome app obviously) and I have three devices which work well (except the issue with statuses updating we are discussing here). Can you please check if there are any issues on my Mi Account?

That’s strange, please make sure your are using the same Xiaomi account for both App. Also, please try to logout and login again.
Please provide your Xiaomi account and I will take a look at the server side.

I’ve just cleared data for MiHome app and login again - my two of three devices are now visible (those with WiFi), but I still can do nothing with them. When I tap on the bulb nothing happens. Do I need to be in one LAN with the devices in order to control them?

Are you using Android or iOS? The plugin is not correctly loaded.

Android 7.1.2, Google Pixel device. MiHome v4.0.11. There are no plugin updates when checked from the app settings.

Any new status on this issue? This seems to be a general issue for lots of people.

I´m also experiencing this problem and i´m sitting on a 100/100 mb lan network so bad network can not be the issue. Especially when using the notification bar widget and the 4x2 yeelight widget. When for example turning the lights ON on one of the widgets and then enters the yeelight app to change the color, the control page showing the night sky is showing as the lampstatus (on/off) has not been changed. To solve this I always have to use the manual refresh icon in the top right corner.

Kind of having same issue

@weiwei yes, please, any news/fixes/notes? Will your new app address this issue?

Actually we can’t reproduce this problem here and we suspect it’s related to network latency. Anyway, we will consider change some UI logic to handle this situation in our new release. (Need one or two months).

As many of the other users have metioned. This issue does not really exists in the mi home app where it maximum takes 1-1,5 seconds so something must differ between the two application how this is being handled.

MiHome app uses Notification + Poll mechanism to get the latest state while Yeelight app relies on Notification only. We will try to improve this.

Great! Thanks for listning. Keep up the good work:)

@weiwei I see there are some log files in the filesystem like log1.txt and push_cdata_debug.txt.
Could that give you more information on identifying any issues?

No, it won’t help. Please be patient on this issue, we are working on local control mode, which will solve the network latency issue completely.

I confirmed that I also encountered this exact problem on Singapore Server. The status of the bulbs on the Yeelight App is slow updated nor barely update at all compareded to the Mi Home.

So still no solutions yet.

Android version?

Version 6. Mi Home app works perfectly fine but yeelight doesnt