Yeelight App 3.0.02 Android Released [Bugs&Feedback]

Actually, we refresh device status based on device property callback. However, if mipush service is busy or the network between your network and the cloud is not very good, the statue of the device showed in the application won’t be very stable.

We have received some feedback about the issue and we did make optimization yesterday. Stay tuned!

This need firmware support, this is our mistake, the latest firmware will be online very soon. We have limited resource of testing, will update it.

Will support customized scene and preconfigured scene for taker in next release.

Easy man, this is our first version. Thanks for your advices.

• Andy
1 个赞

Easy man, we are really appreciated with you guys post lots of suggestion here and we are working on it. Actually, we have limited resources, but we are working on it. Stay tuned on next release! Thanks!

2 个赞

the question was… why did you release a version as “stable” when it doesn’t work and you know that it is not working.
it was beta and that was fine. we knew there were problems and we were all here to help and contribute to beta testing and opinions.

you said “we have limited resource of testing”. you have like 20-30 people in here testing it for you. people who said that this is not ready to be released. i am not saying that this is specifically your problem. maybe someone from the company decided that “this must be released now!” and you just did it.

what we are saying is that it was a mistake. anyway, i hope that the new version and new firmware might come soon so that we can go back to normal using our lights. and once again… PLEASE address the issue with the sliding bar which we mentioned above.

Yes and don´t forget the option to disable the persistent notification.

Another missing feature is the possibity of demo a yeelight product.

Thanks for the detailed reply. But yes, as others have said the issue isn’t with the new app, it’s the fact that it’s not still in beta ironing out all the problems.

I have to say that the app is actually telling me reliably what is on and off this morning so that’s a huge plus and makes the whole thing a lot less frustrating, well done for getting this sorted.

You didn’t explain what the buttons I circled in my second image are supposed to do??

Having spend more time playing with it, for those of us with small hands the placement to switch between white and colour seems wrong, could it not be under the colour selection? This would make one-handed operation much easier:

I’m happy to help if the problems get corrected within sensible time periods but I do think you are going to leave a lot of users alienated if the app continues not to do what they expect.

Do you have a timeframe or work around for getting Tasker working with scenes?, it’s been a huge blow to my mornings not have the sunrise scene linked with my alarm and probably part of the reason I was so grumpy when I wrote the last post :wink:

Are you serious? This buttons are to select from the presets-change the temperature-change the colour, like in the old app…

These buttons?

Because they do nothing for me? I can’t click them, I can’t change them, I can’t find any settings relating to them.

This buttons need a firmware update to work. Be patient.

How am I supposed to know that? There is no manual or guidelines, or information about how the app is supposed to work. I’m not used to apps updating and having non-functional buttons.

There is no point telling me to be patient, as an end user who expects a complete working product I think I am more than entitled to ask questions about what the app is supposed to do and why it is not working.

Again, if this app has buttons that simply don’t work why has it moved from beta testing to full release.

They have said that they will release the new firmware soon. If that buttons are not working for some days its not the end of the world. Do you have a life?

You really do come across rude.

Could you use https://firebase.google.com/docs/cloud-messaging/ instead of Mipush? It is much more efficient and stable.

After spending some time testing this app version (with color bulbs) here’s my brief considerations…

1. All app buttons must be responsive and work! To accomplish the most it’s very important single or group of devices state (on/off) update almost immediately! - This version has serious issues specially related with devices groups and state refresh/update in general

2. Preconfigured scenes, custom scenes, favorites and customization feature must be easily managed by 3rd part apps (Tasker, etc)! – This version seems only supports favorites managing

3. Customization feature could be much more versatile if improved with light off frames! – This version doesn’t include option to add “black frames”

It’s not ideal, but if you have a scene, of any kind playing on a bulb you can then use the add to favourites button, they are then in your favourites list, which then allows you to select them in Tasker.

Having spent sometime playing with the customisation I actually like it a lot, it’s very adaptable although not that intuitive. It probably just needs some documentation explaining that the time you assign to the colour is the time through which it will graduate to that colour, rather than the time it will stay that colour. I agree that not being able to turn the bulbs off as part of the customization is an odd omission and would make them hugely more versatile. I’m also not sure why we have to be limited to only 10 frames :frowning:

Not all kinds of preconfigured scenes! You are limited to static color scenes!

It’s definitely working for me. When I add them to my favourites, as I described, they appear as a “Flow mode”. If I re-add these to Tasker as a scene it uses them correctly. I’ve tested it with the pre-configured sunset and sunrise and also my own configurations. Works for both.

Ok, i tested and seems is gonna work but then app gets confused and mix everything! I can save several preconfgured scenes as favorites but when apply for candle flicker or birthday party (as example) i just get romance all the time. And i need to be lucky because most of the time these flow favorites completely disappear from saved favorites after i click their button to apply!

Hmm, it’s working very reliably for me so I don’t know what to suggest. Hopefully they will implement it properly soon though so that we don’t have to jump through hoops to make it work :slight_smile:

The latest version is working for me although sometimes is slow (6-7 seconds to turn on light!) but at least it is 99% reliable :slight_smile:

Let´s talk about the new 3.0.02. Not available in my country yet.