"Connection Timed Out" Yeelight Color V2

Yes I did, and it had nothing to do with any of the provided solutions. In my case apparently if you don’t let the app have total access to what it wants, like access even to your contact list and the like… Things I feel the app doesn’t need access to, it won’t complete the setup. You have to give the app total permission and you can’t block or deny any of its option during app install or it won’t configure any of your lights.

I have 6 yeelight and use tp-link as an access point and 2 additional tp-link as range extenders. All tp-links have a different name. All non-xiaomi lights and switches work with no problem.
I have 50 some devices, switches, Lightstrips and switches. I have read the yeelight has big problem with tp-link routers ; can you confirm this?
I have to almost daily reset my xiaomi lights (5 in total - v2 bulbs) and one light strip. This is very annoying and I am pretty disappointed with your lack of fixing this router problem.
I have to use a second pho e as a hot-spot to setup my lights and strips. Bit within a few hours or the next day… I have the same problem again… I have tried every me tioned solution and am just about to give up. I can buy new routers, access points and range extenders. But non of this is a solution to Xiaomi light problems. Buying additional more expensive (BUT RELIABLE) Philips Hue with bridge is an alternative I am thinking about (I already have 3 that work flawlessly).
It is a shame that you can’t produce a reliable product or give good support. These connectivity issues are mention all over the i ternet. I have sent 100’s of error reports with not a single answer;
I am also tired and frustrated that you always mention the same basic problem fixing approach of resting the light or changing my DNS, or using a second phone as hot-spot… Shame on you… Just give us a permanent fix!

Which device of Yeelight do you have? I don’t you need reset all the time, do the lamps back online if your power off/on with wall switch?

Problem. Solved.

The problem may not be the bulb or router at all. I belive is has something to do with the cloud server (mainland China).
So rather than using a default DNS server such as 8.8.8.8, I looked online for Chinese DNS servers and found the Baidu dns server
All my devices immediately came online and performed without a glitch for the last 24 hours (after updating my secondary dns server in all my routers and access points as well as a restart of said routers).

It would be great to put this in your instruction setup manual!

Thanks for your reply.

1 个赞

No they don’t come back online after cycling power.
Nevertheless adding the Chinese DNS Server IP (as mentioned below) fixed the online issues.

I had the same issue Months ago and i removed my bulbs because i couldnt find a solution.
Recently i wanted to add my printer to my wifi and a had a similar problem.

Turns out that my router used wifi mode WPA2 + WPA3 in security settings.
Sometimes WPA2 devices, and i am guessing that the bulbs use wpa2, don’t connect in that setting.

If i change that to WEP + WPA2 then my printer my bulbs can connect to my wifi.
so i started using them again.