searched everywhere... yeelight newbie needs some help!

I spent the last 5 hours trying to not have to ask this question…

• I have 6 Yeelight RGB bulbs (YLDP13YL) on a circuit
  • I want some kind of in-wall dimmer switch to offer basic control (for guests)

Why is that so hard?? :slight_smile:

• I don’t want to use a battery-operated switch or plate cover, etc.
  • I don’t want to use a different hub like Xiaomi or Aqara (I will have a raspberry pi running home assistant with zigbee/z-wave/wifi)
  • I’d prefer not to go crazy and start flashing Tasmota onto everything

The switch doesn’t have to be able to trigger multiple scenes, etc. On/Off/Dim on a basic scene is plenty.

Caseta, Zooz, GE, tp-link… none of the decent switches out there seem to provide the always on.

There’s gotta be something out there! What’s out there??? Or what am I missing?

Thank you!

It’s not hard, it simply doesn’t exist :slight_smile: At least the way you expect. Things simply work the way they do and you can’t simply say what you want, you realize how unrealistic that is?

You can ofcourse have similar functionality, but you’d need a gateway. You can use new Aqara/Opple switches with 4 or 6 buttons and use 2 buttons for plus/minus brightnes, 2 buttons for changing color etc.

yes, yes, I know you’re right :slight_smile:

It just surprises me in this day and age. Smart bulbs have been around for so long… and nobody’s really figured this out, except to tape over a switch or convert an old switch like Lutron did, etc.

I suppose it doesn’t make a ton of sense to have a switch passing always on power… i.e. not a switch at all… but still.

Are there any other options besides Aqara/Opple? Is there any way to make some of these other switches work using something like Home Assistant?

Thanks again and stay safe y’all

There is solution but only for ceiling lights. I suppose smart bulbs are not bright enough to be main light in a room… with ceiling you have BLE remotes and BLE dimmer by Yeelight… Aqara should work with home assistant?