Mi gateway on Singapore server

Guys, as reported in other post, here on Yeelight forum, I seen a video on FB where some people use Google Home, Yeelight devices, and gateway all in the Mainland China server through Home Assistant (Raspberry installation). They can command the lights with Google Home, but at the same time they can use the Xiaomi gateway/sensors automations.
Next week I’ll receive my Gateway/Sensors from Gearbest, and I’ll try to integrate them into HA, but I have no idea on how to join everything into China server. Is there any guide around?

1 个赞

I also wonder if it is possible to use the mihome application at the same time! Or does this integration disable the mihome app and internet features?

Hi,

I have this setup:
Yeelight on us server (even i’m in europe)
Gateway on mainland china
Raspberry pi with hassio
Alexa echo

So, i added all the sensors and switch on the gateway and then i blocked the gateway router (i don’t trust ch).
I added some scripts in hassio (searched on internet) and now i have Everything working. I don’t need internet to switch light on or off, but i need to adapt scripts in order to have this working

That sounds very interesting. Until now I shied away from third party solutions, but I am considering to change that. Also since heating thermostats for EU will probably not be part of Xiaomi for some time.
How is the response time of your yeelights? What kind of sensors did you integrate?
sorry for beeing so snoopy. :wink:

It is interesting but…we need some programming skills or at least, we need to search and adapt code from the internet.

I have:

• 1 wall switch with 2 button (without wire connections)
  • 1 switch button
  • 1 water sensor
  • 1 temperature and humidity sensor
  • 1 motion sensor
  • 2 yeelight LED strips
  • 1 ceiling lamp
  • 3 RGB yeelight bulbs
    The wall switch is working like a charm. No delay at all (no remote server, just LAN).
    I have for the moment a small problem with the motion sensor. It worked until now but I opened the batter holder and now it isn’t working. I must find a solution because I want to work like this:
  • turn on strip when motion is detected
  • turn off after 2 minutes
    (this worked well until I touched the battery) :slight_smile: I will solve it.

but:
if I turn it on with alexa, after a certain time, the strip will go off (because i have the condition to turn off after motion will stop) => i must find a solution here
Also I’d like to add a condition in order to torn on the strip only on a certain time frame.

1 个赞

Thank you all for shring own experience and configuration, but could be a little bit useful if you can share also how to do that :slight_smile:

This video gave me a good idea of what to expect from Hass.io and what in general to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWPluWcYRMI&t=2s&index=1&list=FLn68YeSUlRqfrT6Ep0lqI5w

I guess the actual implementation in Hass.io is better suited for a Hass.io forum.

Of course i can share but what do you need to know?
First of all you should buy a raspberry pi :slight_smile: and an sd card.
When you will need the code i will share it. In this moment i’m writing from my phone so i can’t do it…

guys… it is much simpler than what you think…

openhab has an addon for google home and google assistant!

this means that if you have everything on mainland china and you have managed to connect them with openhab…
you can control everything via voice (including yeelights). even the xiaomi smart plugs for example.

First of all, openhab or hass.io ? :wink:

And second one:
can openhab use Alexa?
Can it be used offline (without internet connection)?

i have never used hass.io

when i needed to choose between those two, i went with openhab because people were saying that it is easier to use.
my personal experience with it… if you spend 3-4 hours studying… then you might think of it as “simple”. it has a lot of addons, it supports IFTTT out of the box, google home and for sure alexa. what i hate about it is that it sucks on network security (or there is something i am missing) and that it’s user interface is crap (but same goes for hass.io).

finally… yes you can use openhab offline.

the reasons i am using it is because i wanted to use some IFTTT conditions, i wanted to be able to control some d-link smart plugs and some wifi rgb controllers i have in collaboration with my xiaomi products. as for the google assistant or alexa… personally i couldn’t care less for the voice control (but it works for those of you who are interested and you can turn for example a xiaomi smart plug on or off via voice).

at the moment i am waiting for the sony addon for openhab so that i can turn off my tv when i long press my xiaomi wireless switch

I searched a little bit on the internet about OpenHab, Hass.Io and Domoticz…
It seems that it is a tight battle between openhab and hassio.
I won’t switch to another solution (at least for the moment).
For Lucas and the other guys…search the differences on the internet and chose with your “heart”.

or you work with an IR transmitter, xiaomi or broadlink IR, for example. I use a broadlink IR with OpenHAB, working.

Well, yesterday I received my first Xiaomi Gateway and several sensors. I have Android (both on my Samsung Phone s7 Edge and Tablet s2) and Mii Home app is version 5.1.26. I tried to add GW to Singapore server, where I already have 15 Yeelight devices controlled also by Google Home… No way, both with automatic scanning nor with manual adding the Mi Control Hub. I tried several time, resetting the gateway, without success. Switching to Mainland China did the trick, the gateway popup in Mi Home app and I can add it without issue, together with the sensors.
So, my goal was keep Google Home to command the Yeelight devices and at the same time using the Xiaomi ecosystem. Yesterday night, after one day of installation/configuration (fortunately I was in holiday :smiley: ), I was able to do that using a Raspberry (Raspbian OS) and installing HA. The procedure is not properly for noob, since I had to read tons of documentation and fight with lack of tutorials, btw it works perfect, even I had to reset and move every Yeelight devices to Mainland China loosing every scenes previously configured!!! :zipper_mouth_face:
…still waiting Xiaomi for Gateway Singapore server support. China server is soo slow, even if I have to admit that gateway automation, like motion sensor, is so cool and quite fast to react.

Man, I installed Linux server and was able to configure Openhab and I must say it is a real pain in the ass. Such a half baked software, real horror show… no proper documentation and several different interfaces… looks like early alpha to me… I am not excited about it. On the other end - it probably gets the job done, but the learning curve… welcome to the 1970’s… editing the config files with vi editor in Linux… ugh :slight_smile:

welcome to openhab…

this is exactly my thought. i don’t understand the logic behind it. it is like someone is trying to push it really hard to work with everything like google, ifttt, alexa, home kit and there is a satisfactory library of addons… but they are REALLY missing on different things especially UI and then security…

Try hassio.

I also have some issues with the code… But for simple things like turn on off some bulbs it’s working fine.

1 个赞

As I understand Hassio is workin only on Pi? I am trying to avoid buying Pi :slight_smile: because I have several old notebooks lying around I have decided to use Linux/Openhab…

Hi everyone,

bad news for @LucasRey There was absolutely no need to move the yeelights. To Hass it is the same, the lights are controlled via LAN.

@dalanik There is no need to use hass.io. You can install and run home-assistant in a Docker Container for example and I think Windows is possible, too. Search for alternative methods to run home-assistant, it is well documentated.