Mi gateway on Singapore server

Probably old news by now, but it looks like it’s coming together. Last night, I moved the gateway (“Mi Control Hub”) to the SG server. Still won’t initialise, but I managed to add all my devices and set up the automation rules and they all work fine. The short list is 2 Yeelight colour bulbs, 2 Mi wireless switches, 2 Mi door/window sensors. The two google homes work fine with the Yeelights. Now if I can just get the Mi app to recognise the S20 wifi plugs as well … perhaps the Orvibo connectors will work with this.

I was not able to connect my gateway to any other server but the china mainland. I use android and have tried the Mi Home 5.1.22 and 5.1.25 and HK and SG server.

Did anyone succeed in connecting the gateway to the mi home app with android on the HK or SG server?

no, i cant add my gateway to any other server! i can use only mainland china! i have the gateway 2nd generation (latest gateway created), with the new mija logo (not the letters MI logo). im on android with mi home app 5.1.25. I tried to reset everything and to reconfigure it first with iphone and then again with android. on iphone is recognized but I can not get into the gateway settings, so I returned to the mainland china server

OK, so I guess the folks above all use IOS.
Could someone clarify what version of the gateway this is?

This is the latest version of the gateway (2nd generation)

1 个赞

Yes, I’m on iOS, specifically on v.4.7.5 of the app. To be clear, I still can’t seem to initialize the gateway, but adding other devices and setting up automation all seemed to work anyway.

All of these gateways work the same and the only differences between them are name and design changes.

Xiaomi Multi-functional Gateway (Generation 1)

Mijia Gateway (Generation 2) (Name was changed to Mijia gateway, Changed logo, Added open API support)

Mi Control Hub (Generation 3) (Name changed to Mi Control Hub, rounder edges and bold logo)

2 个赞

i don’t understand this. they released a 3rd generation with no bluetooth support? WTH Xiaomi.

According to the Xiaomi Hong Kong website. The Mi Control Hub has no bluetooth functionality.

Guys, as reported in other post, here on Yeelight forum, I seen a video on FB where some people use Google Home, Yeelight devices, and gateway all in the Mainland China server through Home Assistant (Raspberry installation). They can command the lights with Google Home, but at the same time they can use the Xiaomi gateway/sensors automations.
Next week I’ll receive my Gateway/Sensors from Gearbest, and I’ll try to integrate them into HA, but I have no idea on how to join everything into China server. Is there any guide around?

1 个赞

I also wonder if it is possible to use the mihome application at the same time! Or does this integration disable the mihome app and internet features?

Hi,

I have this setup:
Yeelight on us server (even i’m in europe)
Gateway on mainland china
Raspberry pi with hassio
Alexa echo

So, i added all the sensors and switch on the gateway and then i blocked the gateway router (i don’t trust ch).
I added some scripts in hassio (searched on internet) and now i have Everything working. I don’t need internet to switch light on or off, but i need to adapt scripts in order to have this working

That sounds very interesting. Until now I shied away from third party solutions, but I am considering to change that. Also since heating thermostats for EU will probably not be part of Xiaomi for some time.
How is the response time of your yeelights? What kind of sensors did you integrate?
sorry for beeing so snoopy. :wink:

It is interesting but…we need some programming skills or at least, we need to search and adapt code from the internet.

I have:

• 1 wall switch with 2 button (without wire connections)
  • 1 switch button
  • 1 water sensor
  • 1 temperature and humidity sensor
  • 1 motion sensor
  • 2 yeelight LED strips
  • 1 ceiling lamp
  • 3 RGB yeelight bulbs
    The wall switch is working like a charm. No delay at all (no remote server, just LAN).
    I have for the moment a small problem with the motion sensor. It worked until now but I opened the batter holder and now it isn’t working. I must find a solution because I want to work like this:
  • turn on strip when motion is detected
  • turn off after 2 minutes
    (this worked well until I touched the battery) :slight_smile: I will solve it.

but:
if I turn it on with alexa, after a certain time, the strip will go off (because i have the condition to turn off after motion will stop) => i must find a solution here
Also I’d like to add a condition in order to torn on the strip only on a certain time frame.

1 个赞

Thank you all for shring own experience and configuration, but could be a little bit useful if you can share also how to do that :slight_smile:

This video gave me a good idea of what to expect from Hass.io and what in general to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWPluWcYRMI&t=2s&index=1&list=FLn68YeSUlRqfrT6Ep0lqI5w

I guess the actual implementation in Hass.io is better suited for a Hass.io forum.

Of course i can share but what do you need to know?
First of all you should buy a raspberry pi :slight_smile: and an sd card.
When you will need the code i will share it. In this moment i’m writing from my phone so i can’t do it…

guys… it is much simpler than what you think…

openhab has an addon for google home and google assistant!

this means that if you have everything on mainland china and you have managed to connect them with openhab…
you can control everything via voice (including yeelights). even the xiaomi smart plugs for example.

First of all, openhab or hass.io ? :wink:

And second one:
can openhab use Alexa?
Can it be used offline (without internet connection)?