Issues with API Yeelight JIAOYUE 650

There are issues with the API for the Yeelight JIAOYUE 650. I’d appreciate it if this could be fixed in a firmware update.

According to the documentation “dev_toggle” should only toggle the main light but in fact it toggles both the main and background light, the same as using the regular “toggle” command. There does not seem to be a way to only toggle the main light.

And another issue, using the “bg_set_hsv” method results in the brightness of the main lamp changing to 100%. I’d expect only the color of the background light to change

Could these issues be fixed?

If I may ask, where did you find the updated documentation for 650? I just oredered one, and I’d like to be able to control if from my Kodi Addon.

Right where it has always been. The same file just gets updated when new products are released.

https://www.yeelight.com/en_US/developer

Only the model name is missing but it’s ceiling4.

1 个赞

Silly me, I downloaded it once and it didn’t occur to me it might be updated :slight_smile: :slight_smile: Thanx!

There will an option of “Ambilight Settings” of Yeelight JIAOYUE 650, which will has an item of “Auto on/off with main light”. Will release soon.

Great, looking forward to it!

Guys, how does the music mode work with JIAOYUE 650? When you set the light to music mode, I suppose only bg light (color) is in music mode then?

JIAOYUE 650 doesn’t support music mode yet.

Since you said “yet” - that should mean that it WILL someday, i.e. after firmware update? :slight_smile:

I received 650 and the light is great. But I am missing something for now.

1. same issue as beginning of this topic.If I set the default state with a switched off ambilight it switches on anyway when turning on the wall switch. I believe it will be fixed soon as promissed.
  2. the default state works (except the above mentioned) when I switch on by wall switch from offline. However if I turn off and on by remote, the light does not go to default but to last setup.

Otherwise i love the light, the brightness is just and remote work is amazing. Thx