So, after months of waiting, we finally get the integration between Google Home and Yeelight Bulbs, then there’s no need to ask for when this will happen anymore. Instead, I open this thread in order for us to discuss Issues and Solution as well as Feedback and Tutorial. Let’s begin.
First, to integrate Yeelights with Google Home you need:
- Yeelight Bulbs, of course.
- Google Home device, the smart assistant speaker. Setting it up is easy, I won’t mention it here.
- Yeelight app or Mi Home app
- Google Home app.
- All these apps are available on Play Store for Android. Not sure about Apple Store.
then you’re good to go.
Second, install all of your Bulbs using Mi Home or Yeelight App (I will talk about this later why you have to install them all). Making sure that your Mi account is on Singapore Server (Locale). Put names to bulbs if you want/need to.
Third, head to Google Home app, under Settings section, choose Home Control and Click on Yeelight Actions, follow the instruction on screen to link your Mi Account to Google Home. Wait a few minutes for Google Home to discover your bulbs and assign Rooms to your Bulbs.
Commands that work and tested: (to be updated)
- Turn on/off (Toggle) [Room Name]/[Yeelight nickname/name]
- Dim [Room Name]/[Yeelight nickname/name]
- Brighten [Room Name]/[Yeelight nickname/name]
- Change [Room Name]/[Yeelight nickname/name] to [Color of your choice]
- Turn on [Scene name] or Activate [Scene name] =>> not working for me. Google Home gets the command but the lights were never change.
- Is [Room name]/[Light name] on/off? >> Google Home will let you know.
Issues: (to be updated)
- You have to install all of your bulbs before link with Google Home app because if you don’t you have to unlink and link again whenever you install new bulbs, Google Home won’t, currently, be able to discover new bulbs after you’d linked your Mi Account.
For ex: you install 2 bulbs and link account, then you install another 2 bulbs, Google Home won’t see the 2 new ones, you’ll be stuck with the first 2 bulbs only.
- Google Home will see Scenes (create in Scenes Management in Yeelight App) as Devices and you won’t be able to apply Scenes to your bulbs nor control the Scenes. => Edit: It’s working now.
- According to mokchuzhen the lights don’t turn on/off simultaneously with many bulbs in a Room.
- So far, those mentioned above commands work great, the respond time is quick and precise but it still depends on your accents.
…To be continued and every comments are appreciated.