Mi gateway on Singapore server

Thats what we are all waiting for… my amazon echo arrived today and now i have to deside either to use alexa or to use automation because Xiaomi cant do the simple thing to add the sensors and gateway to Singapore server… its really unbelievable… their answer about “no detailed plan yet” (after a year of waiting for this? really now?) is just ridiculous… but neither us or Yeelight can do anything more than pushing Xiaomi to fix this (although it seems that Xiaomi just dont care about international users)…

Maybe Yeelight should finally seek another solution for a physical wireless switch/button for its lights (maybe built one for itself) although that would probably require another gateway.

I need to ask WEIWEI something that it was probably asked before… Now that i have the amazon echo and since i want to use automation for most of my lights, is there a way to have most of my lamps to China server and only 2-3 of them (the ones i need to control with alexa) to singapore server? how would this be possible? i would like to use Yeelight app to control my lights without having to change servers all the time, but connection to server is per login not per lamp. Is there any workaround just to do this?

I think you have to use Yeelight app for Singapore and Mi Home for China server.

Short answer is Yes but it depends what are you trying to do.

I have most of my bulbs on Singapore, and only 2 on Mainland China server. I’m using same account for both. The one on mainland work with my gateway and accessories.

Ok… can you give the long answer? :slight_smile:
As i said, i want all my lights to be in China server because of the automation except 3 of them (in a group in my living room where amazon echo is going to be) to change to Singapore in order for alexa to work with them (and sadly stop using automation for them and physical buttons…)
I imagined that one solution would be to use mi home for china and yeelight for singapore but as i said i want to use yeelight app to control my lights (and i have many… in total 8 lamps around the house). I imagine that another solution would be to use a different phone/tablet but that wont be ideal either… if somehow two instances of yeelight app (different versions? beta and stable? something…) could run on the same phone maybe that would be a workaround… ideally yeelight could provide a workaround on this but this would require a redesign of the app.

I use Mi Home app set to China locale, and Yeelight app set to Singapore on the same phone. In Mi Home app I have mostly set it to Mainland China locale but I can quickly toggle between China and Singapore servers if and when needed. I do have a spare Andriod phone set to China locale but I never used that. Instead I use my iPhone to toggle between China and Singapore servers.

Initially I had all my bulbs in China but I setup homebridge to take care of all of them.
I wish apple automation rules had lot more options at this stage but they don’t so I use Mi Home app for both bulbs but I can still control them via Siri.

Guys, I have a spare android device here, is there a way to set it up as a hub with IFTTT, Tasker or anything else to turn the lights on and off with Mijia Switch? I have a Mijia Gateway, but it is useless as I need the singapore server in order to keep it working with Google Assistant

Hi,

I just got my starter kit and face the same problems as you guys… It is so disappointing… I read the whole thread now and it is really frustrating…
Initially I wanted just a simple system to monitor humidity in different rooms, after reading a bit I added some bulbs, motion sensors etc

Now everything works somehow but really only somehow. My Gateway is set to Mainland China, my bulbs to Singapur. I thought about some switches but those are useless (just like the motion sensors) unless I move the bulbs back to China :smiley:
Then Id lose Tasker, IFTTT and Voice Control…

From what I read the staffs answers are rather dodgy then promising…
There will be an european server but whats the difference to Singapur when the Gateway and stuff is not supported there either. As I understand it they actually did nothing to solve this mess and there is nothing planned.
Lets see if the Yeelight Voice Assistant helps here. Support said it can con control both Yeelight and Xiaomi Smart Home devices but then again they dodged when asked if it even has multi language support :smiley:

1 个赞

hi you can install google home apps on your phone and thereafter add in the yeelight skill. If you want to have automtion with gateway what I can say is please wait for the international mi gateways. IF you can’t wait and have a spare ios or android do use ifttt but take note the phone will need to be alway be on and place it in the house.

Base on my understanding the mijia gateway does not works with google assistant it is a standalone device and you will need to install the mi jia apps and all the light and gateway must be in the same account and same sever to works. This is very normal base on security stand point

Sorry mate, Ill make my point clearer.
I want to control my Yeelights as comfortable as possible.
I want switches, voice control and some automation.

And I can get all of that, thats what Yeelight says. The problem is it does not work at the same time…

If I use Google for Voice Control all Xiaomi switches stop working.
The switches for the Yeelights work with Xiaomis Gateway set to Mainland China. Voice control works only with Singapur.

Ifttt works with Singapur Server for the Yeelights but not for other Smart Home products in Xiaomis Universe.

Its running circles and you can call it everything but not normal…

1 个赞

Search about home assistant. That is what i am using (together with IFTTT) but needs some skills, knowledge and a spare raspberry pi2/3 (the cheapest solution)

I have a spare Android device to use, can you teach me how can I set it up?

or you can use openhab which has a better ifttt integration but still sucks.
i don’t like openhab but it is easy to setup, easy to install the xiaomi ecosystem addon.

it really is a joke that Xiaomi tries to get “all over the world” but they can’t spend 1 week!!! to fix their Singapore server.
seriously all it takes is two guys and 1 week.

You can use tasker (if you have spare android device). My lights are on china server and voice commands work through IFTTT and tasker. I decided to bypass the Google Assitant integration, and use IFTTT, AutoNotification Tasker plugin to do it. The main objective being bypassing Xiaomi’s servers. The way it works is that Google Assistant is set on a key word. I chose to use “can you”. So when I say, “OK, Google, can you…” it knows to send this text i said to the IFTTT. Then IFTTT has a small applet which sends notification to my tablet, with the exact text I said (excluding “OK Google”). AutoRemote then intercepts this notificaton, passes it to Tasker, which parses the text and does what needs to be done.

If sounds complex, but it is really fairly easy. All I had to do is check for certain words, i.e. when it finds the words “left lamp” in text, it knows that I want to do something with left lamp. If it finds the word “percent”, it looks for previous word, and knows that this is a brightness level for the bulb. If it finds words “red, blue, green” etc, it knows that is should set the bulb(s) to this color. Then there are words “on, off, switch, toggle”, etc, etc. And it works quite well.

http://projects.lanik.org/AndroidProjectYEE.htm

2 个赞

Instead of all of us end users trying to find workarounds with tasker or home assistant or whatever, Xiaomi should do its job and FIX THIS already.

@Weiwei please tell them how frustrated we all are about this situation and if necessary show them this thread in order for them to understand. I have already done this through emails but i am never getting any answer from them. Maybe they will listen to you because this also affects yeelight since i know many people here in Greece that are not buying bulbs because they want both IFTTT/Alexa capabilities and a physical switch without workarounds and it is a pitty for both us and you that in Xiaomi are incapable of doing the simple thing to enable their gateway to Singapore server for over a year now. If its not incapability but they just dont want to do it for some reason then they should have the courtesy to inform us not to wait anymore and turn to other solutions.

Buy Logitech POP buttons.

very smart…

Xiaomi never said that the gateway would work on other servers as well. So I do not see anything wrong with it, though I would welcome it as well. But Logitech POP supports IFTTT, so it will solve your problem with buttons.

Ahaha, in Czech Republic they’re 57$ US… ahahahaha… You must be joking

2 个赞

You can use the Amazon dash buttons. They cost $5 and are on sale for $0.99 on Prime Day. You can add the dash button to homebridge and the yeelight bulb to homebridge as well. Then from the home app, you can create a automation that turns on the bulb when the dash button is pressed!